QF418 and other unservicable aircraft

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Evan, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Guys,

QF418's MEL-SYD 9:00am - original aircraft was un-servicable this morning and my partner flew up on a later time after a nicely timed call from QF to ask if she would mind (ie before we left the house this morning)
    Just wondering why ? and if there is anywhere that QF publish events like this.

Evan

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Bizarre....

3. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    The guy on the phone said they were running a substitute AF, but less seats, so it either was a 330 and a 763 substituted or it was a different 763 with less seats.

Of they just over sold and used that as an excuse ?? (Cant be good excuse as if they use that often enough people will think they have issues with AF reliability)

They knew she had a connecting JAL flight at 1:00pm so they knew she could still make it if she took to QF422 instead of QF418.

Evan

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Sounds like one of those little white lies ...

Up until early this morning, QF418 was scheduled to be operated by VH-OGT, a 763 with 229 seats.

At around 6am, Qantas schedulers decided to substitute VH-TJH, a 734 with ~144 seats..

As you assumed, with the reduced capacity Qantas needed to move some PAX to other flights.

Not publically ...

5. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    FWIW, VH-OGT operated MEL-SYD as QF414 this morning.

QF414 had been scheduled to be operated by VH-ZXD, a 234 seat 763 but it must have been down checked as at 6am it was rescheduled to operate a flight at 3pm; even that's 10 minutes late as I post.

6. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    VH-ZXD sat for atleast a couple of hours this morning at one of the city flyer gates, i think gate 1, aux power running, couldn't see any other activity.
    Was watching it while i drank my coffee or 2 :)

Saw the 743 take off for Perth as well, i still like the big old birds ! but for passanger pleasure i would choose an A330.

Evan