Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

QF Points Required to Change Award Booking for Silver tier

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by hardya, Sep 11, 2005.

1. hardya

hardya Intern

Oct 19, 2003
    Is there still no 2,500 point charge for date change on award tickets for Silver tier Qantas Frequent Flyers? I cannot find this "privilege" listed anywhere on the QF FFP terms and conditions (though I believe it may have been there on the "old" program).

I called QF today regarding an award booking (booking made pre-25 May) and they assured me that there was no 2,500 point charge for Silver tier members.

Is this still the case for new award bookings?

hardya
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Re: QF Points Required to Change Award Booking for Silver ti

Yep, and I am answering from experience. 8)

I had a same day MEL-PER-SIN and SIN-MEL booking from before May25th in Jan.

Last Month Mrs serfty decided to come along as well. Could not get the same award availability; however did manage an award for her on the same flights MEL-PER-SIN and revenue SIN-MEL.

After booking this, I realised it may be easier to overnight in PER so was able to rebook both our separate award bookings to the night before for no penalty. (International transfer within 24 hours).

Note that my original booking was from before 25th May, mrs's was made afterwards.

3. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

It has never been a published benefit, it has always been "just done" for at least Gold and Platinum, nice to see it is Silver as well.

Dave

4. hardya

hardya Intern

Oct 19, 2003
    Does this 'undocumented feature' still exist? ie: ability to change award bookings for silver/gold QF members without penalty or cost?

5. bambbbam2

bambbbam2 Active Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Perth, WA
    Ahh that explains it! I changed a booking last month and didn't see the 2,500 fee.

I did notice the call centre operator asking for my Pin, so maybe that is how they get around it?

I also noticed the change fee was onlt $10 as opposed to $38.50

6. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    As a QF gold, just made a change to an award booking I made for my parents, and did not have to pay a fee (well, I wasn't asked to pay a fee;)), and there has been no change to my QF point balance). Another small thing that is increasing my loyalty to QF despite all their problems.

7. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    For date changes only, my understanding is that any routing changes will incur a fee for PS.