QF Platinum FF - QF Club Access

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Mish, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Mish

Mish Junior Member

May 24, 2006
    I seem to remember that QF Platinum Frequent Flyers were granted access to the club at anytime regardless of whether travelling or not.

I can't seem to find anything about this in the current lit. sent out by QF.

Can you still (could you ever) enter the QC as a QF Plat FF, without a QF boarding pass??

Regards,
    Mish

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It's still policy (subject to Qantas being able to refuse entry for *any* reason, and Qantas being able to remove you from the Qantas Club for *any* reason).

Keep in mind it's only for Qantas Clubs, so that normally excludes some QantasLink lounges, and non Qantas lounges overseas.

See the following link on the Qantas website:

Flying with Us - Qantas Club - Benefits

Sounds clear to me for international. Domestic is the same, but looks like they've been rewording things to suit themselves :)

3. Mish

Mish Junior Member

May 24, 2006
    Thanks Mal. I'm about to get Plat., and was worried the policy was changed. Perhaps the new policy is "Don't tell new Plat. people" however still allow it?

Or perhaps they don't let you know in the new Gold pamphlet sent out so you don't thing "That's not fair" .. <Shug> Don't know.

Thanks again.

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am yet to be refused entry into an open Qantas Lounge (domestic or international) by smiling and flashing my Plat card. Can't say I've been removed either :D

My understanding is that the "Plat access any time" is still active, but not widely advertised by Qantas. Kind of an "in the know, wink, wink" type thing methinks.

There used to be a page on the Qantas site which spelt it out completely, but that has now been removed. So of course the right to enter could also be removed as well when it suits the entry staff.

Just flash your card and enter. What's the worst that could happen?

5. Mish

Mish Junior Member

May 24, 2006
    Yeah will give it a go in a few weeks when I get Plat. Thanks mate.

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    #6 JohnK, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
    Well I will be Platinum in 10 days time, first time ever, and I spoke to QF the other day about domestic lounge access to QPs. QF Platinums are allowed access to domestic QPs, with 2 guests, even when they are not flying on the day.

My target is to get the full value out of this alone for the next 12 months. My friends are interested and dad has not stopped talking about it since I mentioned it to him a few weeks ago.

7. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have used domestic QP's on numerous occassions when not flying as a WP, even bringing in guests who have not been flying.

I am also relying on access to the QP in HKG next Sunday afternoon before my CZ flight to CAN.

8. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You don;t live in walking distance of SYD T3 do you? :shock: ;) :p

9. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    This is definitely a consideration for me - not for domestic (I live an hour from the airport) but when travelling just to ensure I can potentially get access anywhere (not sure if it applies to joint QF/BA QP's...)

10. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You'd need to. As I figure, what I would gain in free drinks, I would lose in parkingcahrges :)

11. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    I hope you meant in the long-term carpark as all the gain in free drinks would mean someone would be over 0.05;) .
    Of course you can also save money by taking your shower in the QP (no water for the shower or laundry, free soap, shampoo, razors and dental care), no need for internet at home and if you can handle a certain diet your food bill will also be reduced.:p

12. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am sure someone could make a documentary about this. A month in the life of a QP freeloader :)

13. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Now that sounds like a challenge, Sir!:shock:

14. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    I suggest a movie, with Dustin Hoffman reprising his role from Rainman. A cameo appreance of Tom Hanks' character from The Terminal should also be arranged.;)

15. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And shirley you would include Lloyd Bridges and Leslie Neilsen from Flying High :p

16. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Might work out for a night shift worker who could leave their "home" each night anf return after their work shift in time for breakfast :cool: .

17. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Many years ago, I worked with some guys who lived in the East Lakes/Brighton/Kogarah of areas Sydney.

They had access equivalent of WP, being (Old) QFF *Gold back then.

They used to arrange meetings in the "South Data Centre". ;)

* The old levels when there was 'White", Blue, Silver and Gold status.

18. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    yuk :shock:

19. Optics

Optics Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Melbourne
    The movie would rival that one about the guy eating only Maccas, but with the standard of food now available in QPs the effect on your body would be far worse :( . And then if you consider the real reason for visiting the QP is the free drinks, I hate to imagine how it would turn out ;) .

20. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Starvation perhaps?