Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QF flight OOL-PER 20 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquire

Noticed QF1211 (B767) OOL-PER on Feb 20th departing 0820 - full Y and J seats bookable on-line.

After some research the flight appears to starts from BNE (listed in QF's online timetable) from BNE-0655-0720 -flight time 25min! ...sadly this sector does not seem to be bookable online - but would love to experience the meal service on this one ;)

Could this be QF testing the waters in OOL or is it a special flight - or both?

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
QF1211 is usually an additional flight (used to see it a bit during the AFL season when they put extra aircraft on, or a non normal route), but I don't know what this would be for.

Noticed QF1211 (B767) OOL-PER on Feb 20th departing 0820 - full Y and J seats bookable on-line.

After some research the flight appears to starts from BNE (listed in QF's online timetable) from BNE-0655-0720 -flight time 25min! ...sadly this sector does not seem to be bookable online - but would love to experience the meal service on this one ;)

Could this be QF testing the waters in OOL or is it a special flight - or both?
Qantas definitely does not have any intentions starting OOL/PER with their own metal. Jetstar announced some time ago that they intend to start daily services from the Gold Coast to Perth in April 2011.

QF1211 is a "one off" service and I understand Qantas are moving some sort of "musical group". You'll notice that the OOL/PER flight has come at the expense of the usual 08:20L QF589 BNE/PER service.

Cheers

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
It can’t be the Suns as they’re now with Virgin!

But if it’s a special for a musical group, is it actually bookable by others?

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Maybe it is to do with getting the Good Vibrations folk from the Gold Coast (19th) to Perth (20th)

Good Vibrations indeed! I'm being quoted a cool 206,756 points for a JASA on this flight ... p'raps I'll stay home that weekend after all. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceHolli