Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QF A380 J Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
If your worried about noise, go the A side of the aircraft (left) as its away from the lounge, but I havent noticed any noise issues in Emerald City

TheDan

Intern
Being SG, it seems like I can still get into Emerald City, although I am limited to the last row (13). Anyone's got any experiences with this one? I'd assume it still feels a bit more quiet on the long QF1 flight than the regular J section.

hopefulQFF

Intern
I had 13A last month and would choose it as my preferred seat in Emerald city. I know others prefer 11 and 12 but 13A is quietly tucked away with no one behind, is a window seat (views and great storage) and you usually disembark first too. A good seat.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
11K has a "medical" power outlet, so you can be moved for someone more needy.

Other than that, any A seat or 12/13K before any E/F seat - side storage access wins over direct aisle access in the QF 388 ...

Anna

Established Member
I've never found row 11 noisy.

There are lots of different views about good seats in emerald city. I like 11E - nobody climbs over me, pax are not walking past to the toilets, drinks and food usually start at row 11 and work back. Sometimes crew walk past to use the stairs, and sometimes someone will use the self serve bar, but that's about it for foot traffic.

I've never seen the lounge that's adjacent to 11JK being used.

Paddy55

Established Member

Other than that, any A seat or 12/13K before any E/F seat - side storage access wins over direct aisle access in the QF 388 ...
... and I sit in 11K for that reason.

Never had a problem in Row 11

bobe

Being SG, it seems like I can still get into Emerald City, although I am limited to the last row (13). Anyone's got any experiences with this one? I'd assume it still feels a bit more quiet on the long QF1 flight than the regular J section.
I am SG and I got 13a 13b to Lax and back this month, no problems , but did the booking 10 months ago.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum

And just to prove we're all different I value the aisle access and 12F is my default seat.

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
Is there enough room for 11a to get past 11b when b in full sleep mode?

lovestotravel

Indeed, and I have been kicked out of 11K once onboard for that very reason!

Was moved into 15 J/K which has annoying galley noise and light and you are in the dormitory section of J which I do not like at all!

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Is there enough room for 11a to get past 11b when b in full sleep mode?
Not so much in row 11 but the Skybeds in rows 12 and 13 have plenty of room to step over at the end. It's a lot easier than with with the old Skybed Mk 1.
And just to prove we're all different I value the aisle access and 12F is my default seat.
12E was mine until I was @rsed out to 13A due to an inop 12E - rest of Emeraldtown was full.

And yes, I found it quite easy to step over and the side storage very convenient and have been a convert since - but only on QF 388's.

(The 12F PAX ended up with a 'comfort seat'.:p)

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I will be trying out 13A for the first time in Sep.
I held out booking for a long time as the price was way too exxy and now Emerald City is pretty chockers :)

oz74

I will be trying out 13A for the first time in Sep.
I held out booking for a long time as the price was way too exxy and now Emerald City is pretty chockers :)
Be interested in your thoughts princess, I have 13A selected with my wife for our trip to NYC at Christmas.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Be interested in your thoughts princess, I have 13A selected with my wife for our trip to NYC at Christmas.
I will definitely report back. There were a couple of centre aisle seats but I'm not a fan due to the lack of storage unless it's a shorter overnight flight. I will be on QF 9 all the way to LHR.

oz74

I will definitely report back. There were a couple of centre aisle seats but I'm not a fan due to the lack of storage unless it's a shorter overnight flight. I will be on QF 9 all the way to LHR.
Wasn't sure about 13A&B due to proximity to the toilets but in the end emerald city won out.

Enjoy your flight!

hopefulQFF

Intern
You don't even register the toilets are nearby in 13A. It's a good seat. 3 side storage bins, easy to get out even if 13B fully flat (or thereabouts due to droop!) and feels very private. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAC767

Currently Active Users