QC advertising upgrade seat availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,642
Points
420
Yesterday morning whilst sitting in the QP waiting for my PER-ZNE to take off for the second time (another story), an announcement came over the PA along the lines of "Passengers flying on QF??? to Sydney this morning, we have a few business class seats available for anyone wishing to use points or upgrade credits except for those travelling on red e tickets or flight awards. If you are interested please come to the service desk"

Has anyone heard this before? Does this mean the end of opups on status if they can get pax with points to pay up. Maybe this is the new owners way of trying to reduce their points liability.
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
12,018
Solutions
3
Points
1,345
Maybe seeing the effects of the gradual dwindling of Upgrade Credits!

Realistically though, I'd say at this time of year business traffic is diminished so far fewer paid pax in business class.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
LH does this a lot. If you're savvy you can work out odds they won't get enough takers and high status pax get op-upped for free. Blink and you either miss out or pay for that upgrade.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,547
Solutions
12
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I would hazard a guess that there actually were none traveling in business class. Some may have booked but either moved to different flights or canceled.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,953
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
Reggie said:
Yesterday morning whilst sitting in the QP waiting for my PER-ZNE to take off for the second time (another story), an announcement came over the PA along the lines of "Passengers flying on QF??? to Sydney this morning, we have a few business class seats available for anyone wishing to use points or upgrade credits except for those travelling on red e tickets or flight awards. If you are interested please come to the service desk"

Has anyone heard this before? Does this mean the end of opups on status if they can get pax with points to pay up. Maybe this is the new owners way of trying to reduce their points liability.

I have this happen a few times. Also been called to the service desk by name and asked if I want to upgrade using points.
 

Flashback

Enthusiast
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
11,149
Points
1,545
Called to the desk and asked if you would like to upgrade with YOUR points? Am I the only one who thinks that is rude? :)

Generally speaking (in 90% of cases), if you wanted an upgrade and wanted to pay for it (using points or cash), then you would approach them not the other way round.
 

Batesy

Active Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
525
Points
270
Flashware said:
Called to the desk and asked if you would like to upgrade with YOUR points? Am I the only one who thinks that is rude? :)

Generally speaking (in 90% of cases), if you wanted an upgrade and wanted to pay for it (using points or cash), then you would approach them not the other way round.

I would agree and say that being called to the desk and being asked if you wanted to part with your points is a bit rude. If I wanted an upgrade I would have come to the desk and asked.
 
Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
oz_mark said:
I have this happen a few times. Also been called to the service desk by name and asked if I want to upgrade using points.

That is just tacky!

Next they'll call you up and ask you if you want to pay an extra $200 to get additional flexibility in your ticket (so you can go on that earlier flight that they're trying to push pax onto).
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
Mal said:
That is just tacky!

Next they'll call you up and ask you if you want to pay an extra $200 to get additional flexibility in your ticket (so you can go on that earlier flight that they're trying to push pax onto).

I have experienced this (but with $50 not $200). I asked if could go on earlier flight. They looked up my booking and said I needed to pay change fee of $50. I said no - I'll wait in the lounge. A bit later I get paged and asked if I mind taking the early flight (for free). :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,422
Messages
2,143,637
Members
54,458
Latest member
littlemissbluesky
Top