Qantas website down | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas website down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooms

Flights
My Map
Have been trying to log onto QF Frequent Flyer account to make an award booking since about 7pm tonight and noticed that the Qantas website is down.

Keeps trying to redirect to www.qantas.com/australia but doesnt work.

Anyone experiencing problems?

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Have been trying to access the flight upgrade page on the QF website but keep getting a "page not found" error. Anyone else experiencing this?

Want to request an upgrade to J for my HKG-SYD flight on 5th June, but can't access the required page on the website :mad:.

Can this be done over the phone???

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
If I request an upgrade and then change flight numbers, i.e. QF128 to QF188, I assume that I need to make a separate upgrade request and lose whatever position I had in the queue???

NM

Flights
My Map
Shano said:
If I request an upgrade and then change flight numbers, i.e. QF128 to QF188, I assume that I need to make a separate upgrade request and lose whatever position I had in the queue???
All international upgrades are waitlisted. So you are not charged anything until the waitlist has cleared and that won't happen until less than 24 hours before departure. If your upgrade has been confirmed (either <24 hours for international or U was available for domestic) and you change, then there is a 5000 point penalty.

You can cancel an upgrade waitlist request at any time up until it has cleared. No penalty for cancelling a waitlist request.

serfty

Flights
My Map
If an upgrade has been awarded for a flight and you cancel the upgrade or do not take the flight you forfeit all points used for the upgrade.

T&C said:
14.3.8 If a Member:
(a) cancels a Flight Upgrade after it has been awarded; or
(b) fails to board a booked flight for which the Member has redeemed Points for a Flight Upgrade,
then the Flight Upgrade will be forfeited, along with any Points used to redeem that Flight Upgrade.

14.3.9 A Member may cancel a request for a Flight Upgrade at any time prior to the time at which Qantas awards the Flight Upgrade without penalty.

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Sorry guys, my mistake for not wording my question a little better.:oops:

If an upgrade is requested and then I change flights before the upgrade is confirmed, I assume that I need to put in a subsequent request for the new flight (# or date) and then go to the end of the WP request queue. By this I guess that I can't just get the upgrade request transferred with the change in flight # / date.

Thanks anyway for other points of clarification.

NM

Flights
My Map
Shano said:
If an upgrade is requested and then I change flights before the upgrade is confirmed, I assume that I need to put in a subsequent request for the new flight (# or date) and then go to the end of the WP request queue. By this I guess that I can't just get the upgrade request transferred with the change in flight # / date.
You have assumed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuyRTW