Qantas Website Avatar/Logo

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Ikara, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Ikara

Ikara Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This is one for the techies among us.

I have attached (hopefully) a copy of a screen shot of my home PC showing my IE V7.0 "favourites". You will see that I have Qantas under Travel. I opened it yesterday and noticed that the logo beside Qantas looks very much like the Air New Zealand logo. How could this happen? I have been to the Air NZ website - as I type this my wife is flting from Adelaide to Auckland for an 18 day tour - so that might be the linkage???

Any thoughts?

JB

Attached Files:

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Sorry Ikara, no answer from me, but I have also seen something similar using FireFox. In my Bookmarks, both AFF and Flyertalk are shown with the same avatar, being the FT avatar. I have wondered how this happens so would also be interested in a technical explanation.

3. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
    I think the Qantas website uses a specific traffic management and analysis service, external to QAN. Often I can see their logo instead of the flying kangaroo... Although the one in your pics really does look more like the Air NZ logo :D ... Appears to be fixed now.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    the merger is back on :D

5. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map