Qantas swaps Upcoming Flight A330 for A321XLR

Personally couldn't give a toss whether domestic or international are crewing - though I do miss the JetConnect crews. On the other hand I do care about the overnight (almost) bolt upright ... and to that I'm pretty sure it's only the DPS-MEL from your list that meets that unhealthy criteria.

Regards,

BD
Maybe but did you note the word "supplied"?
There are implications for the soft product as well.
 
While I am not a great fan of the A321, I think they are partially responsible for the $299 J sale fares. With 20 J seats, it's much easier to justify for QF revenue management to give some of them away at a lower price point to fill the cabin.

I'm not a fan of narrowbodies for anything above 3-4hrs, but I guess if a "business" (in inverted commas intentionally) class fare is $299 for something like MEL-PER or MEL-DPS (unlikely though), I'd be able to compromise with a non-lay flat seat.
 
Pondering. What are the chances of a xCAT appeal against Qantas selling one product and delivering another (yes I know it’s in the T&Cs but they are not the decider of fairness in a court).
 
sNope, was JUST referring to new MNL flights and future long distance international routes.
As we know, QF is slowly getting rid of the 330,s and the 350s and the 787s they aim for further afield.
So, we have no choice, really, as in future, it will all be the narrow 321xlr.
Very rare to see 787 on the dom flights, and even close by int flights, and they are also prone to do swaps of the 787s on dom flights to the 737/321/320.
Give it a look now, all the trans Aus from and to PER, 99.9% are all now narrow body sub par, esp on the 4.5 or more hrs, J not so bad, but ouchy in Y, esp red eyes coming back from PER to MEL/SYD, dep PER just prior to midnight.
===
Pondering. What are the chances of a xCAT appeal against Qantas selling one product and delivering another (yes I know it’s in the T&Cs but they are not the decider of fairness in a court).
All the (state) CATs tribunals, will side with QF as they will say, its a commercial decision of the airline.
Most likely, you wont win a case.
 
QF has unfortunately been swapping flat beds to recliners, or suites to older sky beds in the past, for a long time.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top