Qantas swaps Upcoming Flight A330 for A321XLR

Personally couldn't give a toss whether domestic or international are crewing - though I do miss the JetConnect crews. On the other hand I do care about the overnight (almost) bolt upright ... and to that I'm pretty sure it's only the DPS-MEL from your list that meets that unhealthy criteria.

Regards,

BD
Maybe but did you note the word "supplied"?
There are implications for the soft product as well.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

While I am not a great fan of the A321, I think they are partially responsible for the $299 J sale fares. With 20 J seats, it's much easier to justify for QF revenue management to give some of them away at a lower price point to fill the cabin.

I'm not a fan of narrowbodies for anything above 3-4hrs, but I guess if a "business" (in inverted commas intentionally) class fare is $299 for something like MEL-PER or MEL-DPS (unlikely though), I'd be able to compromise with a non-lay flat seat.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top