Qantas offering Lounge Access on domestic trip?

dmgale

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Posts
141
Sorry if this is an issue that has been answered previously but I havent flown with Q since earlier this year.

I have a trip to ADL next week from CBR and I chose to go in Y. Other than being offered multiple chances to upgrade which I dont really care for give the short trip and the ridiculous cost I have now been offered lounge access? At cost of course but what is going on? I thought Q were trying to reduce the unwashed masses from the lounge?
 
It would seem the drive to reduce lounge patronage - including the ridiculous changes to the rules for the transfer and use of lounge passes which has made them absolutely useless to status holders - was an enhancement designed to create additional lounge capacity they can sell off.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if this is an issue that has been answered previously but I havent flown with Q since earlier this year.

I have a trip to ADL next week from CBR and I chose to go in Y. Other than being offered multiple chances to upgrade which I dont really care for give the short trip and the ridiculous cost I have now been offered lounge access? At cost of course but what is going on? I thought Q were trying to reduce the unwashed masses from the lounge?
Hey, out of curiosity, how much was it? Did you get quoted for both the Qantas Club, and the J Lounge?

Also, depending on the time of the day, lounges can be fairly quiet. make sense to monetise this unsued resource. I guess with this approach they can still control the crowd, i.e. not offering to purchase pass on morning / evenings rush
 
... I have now been offered lounge access? At cost of course but what is going on? I thought Q were trying to reduce the unwashed masses from the lounge?
Out of interest, how much do Qf want for lounge access?
 
I was only offered QC access but in each location. In
- CBR $69/9900pts
- ADL $64/9200pts
- MEL $69/9900pts.

Its a 9am flight so CBR doesn't work for me, MEL is a 50 minute stop but ADL may be worth it.
 
I was only offered QC access but in each location. In
- CBR $69/9900pts
- ADL $64/9200pts
- MEL $69/9900pts.

Its a 9am flight so CBR doesn't work for me, MEL is a 50 minute stop but ADL may be worth it.
Wow....I guess it depends on how long you will be in the lounge for, and how much you eat and drink. Otherwise, just getting a coffee / drink and snack from the airport shops might (just) be cheaper!
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Wow....I guess it depends on how long you will be in the lounge for, and how much you eat and drink. Otherwise, just getting a coffee / drink and snack from the airport shops might (just) be cheaper!
Agreed but Ill have a couple of hours in ADL so it may well be! Sadly it doesn't take long or much to get to $25 in a airport.
 
Agreed but Ill have a couple of hours in ADL so it may well be! Sadly it doesn't take long or much to get to $25 in a airport.
I imagine this leg is in afternoon? Checking because those lounges don't serve alcohol before 12:00
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top