Qantas Lounges will begin reopening from 1 November 2021

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
On the int front. I’m thinking the Sydney F lounge will get crowded pretty quickly. I’m on QF11 on 8 December. A quick look at google flights shows the following departures:
9:45 EK415
9:45 QR909
9:55 QF11
10:15 MH140
10:20 CX138

I'm wondering if they're busily refurbishing the old J lounge now and preparing to reopen it in stages after Christmas. Surely it makes sense to refurbish it now - as was always on their to do list, than to reopen and have to close again.

At very least, wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily subdivide the FLounge to keep costs down (that squid and pav doesn't come cheap!) - a bit how they ran the AKL first class closet.

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
On the int front. I’m thinking the Sydney F lounge will get crowded pretty quickly. I’m on QF11 on 8 December. A quick look at google flights shows the following departures:
9:45 EK415
9:45 QR909
9:55 QF11
10:15 MH140
10:20 CX138
Wait until the NoStar flights resume 🤣

Looks like the sydney int lounge is not yet open.
Wife and kids flew out yesterday & QR were issuing vouchers because the lounge was not open.
Wife also confirmed that she physically went to the lounge and it was not open.

OATEK

Established Member
Looks like the sydney int lounge is not yet open.
Wife and kids flew out yesterday & QR were issuing vouchers because the lounge was not open.
Wife also confirmed that she physically went to the lounge and it was not open.
I wonder if this is a time of day issue when no QF flights?

Jousams

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
That could well be the case.

Yesterday there were no QF international departures.
If it’s not opening on non-qf days, I can’t imagine it would be open any earlier than for QF1 on, on days.

Logged in to see what I could use my lounge passes for tomorrow and saw the Melbourne Qantas Club Lounge was available for selection - though it's supposed to be closed.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Logged in to see what I could use my lounge passes for tomorrow and saw the Melbourne Qantas Club Lounge was available for selection - though it's supposed to be closed.
Welcome to AFF @agentlemandoesnotconga .

The Qantas website indicate the Domestic Qantas is closed, but the business lounge is open. Temporarily, those eligible for the QP are able to use the business lounge. Lounge passes can now be generally used at domestic locations.

Welcome to AFF @agentlemandoesnotconga .

The Qantas website indicate the Domestic Qantas is closed, but the business lounge is open. Temporarily, those eligible for the QP are able to use the business lounge. Lounge passes can now be generally used at domestic locations.

Thank you for the welcome and the explanation. I didn't think to scroll down to the fine print. Linked my pass now.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

TheInsider

Established Member
Also as of tomorrow the cap on the number of lounge members should increase to an unlimited amount too in Victoria.

jakeseven7

Does anyone know when the CL lounge in Syd and Mel will be open again?

Asking sadly not for myself but my boss 😂

martindagun

Looking to link a lounge pass to a domestic jetstar lounge from Melbourne. Is it possible to link the business lounge as the Qantas Club isn't open?

Matt_01

Established Member
Looking to link a lounge pass to a domestic jetstar lounge from Melbourne. Is it possible to link the business lounge as the Qantas Club isn't open?
Earlier in the year you could not link a lounge pass to a flight if the QP was not open even if the J lounge was open. QF mentioned they were looking into this but not sure if the problem was ever resolved. You can only try.