Qantas First Lounges to Reopen

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
Platinum One, Platinum and Gold frequent flyers along with Business customers and Qantas Club members flying on the Tasman will be invited to visit these two First lounges until the airline’s other international lounges reopen

Unsurprisingly, it sounds like complimentary lounge invites won't get in.

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold

ole nimeton

I wonder how the Air NZ lounges are going to go capacity wise... Hopefully Qantas will use this time to upgrade its own Auckland lounge. Assuming all the third party lounges in AKL, CHC, ZQN are still closed.

Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

equus

Solutions
So a cut down and down graded version, albeit with a couple of the F lounge dishes.

Trying to make a feature of a-la-carte when the Covid restrictions prevent them doing a buffet anyway - so will be like all the domestic lounge offerings, and plated by staff.

Berlin

Established Member
Menu here
Yea- "while there'll be no Champagne listed on the menu, Executive Traveller understands that bubbles will be available "on request". In other words, it'll be some awful $15 sparkles instead of proper champers. Which is a true crime in any place, at any time (both to good taste and to your head the next day) if you ask me! o_O

nancypants

While Qantas' lounges in New Zealand will remain closed for the time being, Qantas will offer access to Air New Zealand international lounges in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown to Platinum and Gold-grade frequent flyers and Qantas Club members.
Any word on whether WP flying JQ will be allowed into the NZ lounges?

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Yea- "while there'll be no Champagne listed on the menu, Executive Traveller understands that bubbles will be available "on request". In other words, it'll be some awful $15 sparkles instead of proper champers. Which is a true crime in any place, at any time (both to good taste and to your head the next day) if you ask me! o_O

My guess is the WP/P1s will get some mid tier French champagne and the rest will get Grant Burge

kallinch

6772D359-9439-4178-86EC-84E81D719C33.jpeg
^Flagged with Air NZ their site is missing Qantas eligibility for Koru Lounges Hopefully updated by next Monday.

henrus

Solutions
^Flagged with Air NZ their site is missing Qantas eligibility for Koru Lounges Hopefully updated by next Monday.
To be fair to Air NZ, I don't think they should be the ones publishing this information on their website. Qantas should be the one clearly explaining the rules!

kallinch

To be fair to Air NZ, I don't think they should be the ones publishing this information on their website. Qantas should be the one clearly explaining the rules!
Yeah agreed....I contacted QF with same message and am still waiting for reply...

manutd88

If I am Qantas gold, will I still be allowed to bring my wife in? She has no status. Called the call centre and some person from Phillipines had no answer for me

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
My feeling is that ‘extra cost’ amenities, at least at this stage, should be based on class of service, not status. For the most part people haven't been earning status through revenue to the airline.

perception wise with jobkeeper and other various airline subsidies, should money be propping up the cheapest tickets with expensive food and beverages... in some cases perhaps costing close to the price of the base fare itself? Business class tickets include those amenities in the fare.

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
If I am Qantas gold, will I still be allowed to bring my wife in? She has no status. Called the call centre and some person from Phillipines had no answer for me
Yes - here are the eligibility conditions:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisRocksOK