Qantas Clubs and Pilots

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Dustin, Sep 13, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Dustin

Dustin Newbie

Jul 20, 2006
    Dose any one know what Qantas' policy on staff in qantas clubs is? Also can pilots, join the qantas club, or be frequent flyers?
    Just wondering, as the number of staff up the pointy end is growing, are the also adding to the pile up of people in lounges?

2. BNE2006

BNE2006 Newbie

Sep 13, 2006
    I found out the following information....Qantas staff are allowed to be members of the Qantas Club or FF program, however they can only use the Qantas Club or earn points when they have paid for a commercial ticket and not travelling on Staff Tickets.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yeah it's in the Terms and Conditions:

"10.2 Qantas Club Members who are also airline industry staff, including their families and travel companions, are not eligible to access lounges when travelling on industry discounted tickets."

Flying with Us - Qantas Club - Terms & Conditions

4. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    My father in law is QF (non-flying) staff and he flew to UK recently. I asked abut lounge access and he said that QF staff have a staff FF number effectively on their passport which prevents them from accessing the lounge - even if travelling first/business.

5. Dustin

Dustin Newbie

Jul 20, 2006
    BY this do you mean that even when paying a full fair their passport prohibits entry, and when you say passport do you mean like an Australian Passport, of just travel documents

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Sorry - meant Boarding pass - not passport. And only when on staff flights - either subsidised/standby

7. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Correct - QF staffers and other industry discount ticket holders are not able to access the lounge when travelling on discounted ticket.

I wonder what happens if they are Platinum members who can access the lounge with or without QF BP anyway?

8. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Can't imagine that this situation would come up that often!

9. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    That would be pretty unlikely for sure, but can happen (I'm exercising my imagination here) - maybe those who qualified for the Platinum before they became an industry staff.

10. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I actually considered applying for a QF job a while ago - wonder now if my QF SG membership would be suspended whilst I was at QF and then reactivated when I left....