Qantas Club Silver | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Club Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Hi all,

New member here..

I'm a Qantas Club Bronze member and I am about to qualify for QC Silver.

Does anyone know if you get a new card? Does the silver card have the Qantas Club logo on it with the one world logo as well???

If you get to QC gold, do you get your membership fee refunded?

thanks

Chucksta

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Chucksta said:
Hi all,

New member here..

I'm a Qantas Club Bronze member and I am about to qualify for QC Silver.

Does anyone know if you get a new card? Does the silver card have the Qantas Club logo on it with the one world logo as well???

If you get to QC gold, do you get your membership fee refunded?

thanks

Chucksta
Yes, you will get a new card. but I will have to leave it for someone else to answer about the Qantas Club logo on it.

As for the Qantas club membership, any unused portion will be held while you are a gold member. SHould you drop below gold the time that was held while you were gold will start again. So there is no refund, but the time will be extended.

kpc

AFF Supporter
Chucksta said:
Does the silver card have the Qantas Club logo on it with the one world logo as well???
Only has the one world logo.

aus_flyer

Established Member
You will still need your QC card for lounge access (in theory)
In reality, they will just look at your boarding pass

Skyring

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I was Silver before I joined QC, but they didn't give me a new card for either. I have the standard Silver card and a QC card that's a brown/maroon colour. My wife went the other way QC first, then Silver, and her cards are exactly the same.

You'd think they'd find a way to combine the two - half my wallet is cards for this and that, and if they could introduce one card suits all I'd be very happy.

At least until I lost it.

straitman

Flights
My Map
Skyring said:
I was Silver before I joined QC, but they didn't give me a new card for either. I have the standard Silver card and a QC card that's a brown/maroon colour. My wife went the other way QC first, then Silver, and her cards are exactly the same.

You'd think they'd find a way to combine the two - half my wallet is cards for this and that, and if they could introduce one card suits all I'd be very happy.

At least until I lost it.
It happens that way once you attain Gold or Platinum. The one card serves the purpose of QC and FF membership. 8) 8)

M

MetroAir

But if you have a QC card (and are a mere lowlife like myself) you don't need your FF card, all the details are linked in with your QC card.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yeah, no new card when both a silver/Qantas Club member.

Use your QC card anywhere while flying Qantas, show your Silver when flying anyone else in the Oneworld clan.

Alan in CBR

odoherty said:
It's nice when you have the one black card for everything. :wink:
I've got a black oneworld Emerald card, but I still need my QP card. The black card in question is AA Exec Plat, which is useful for nearly everything ... except for accessing AA Admirals Clubs on purely North American itineraries. :D

(And, I suppose, I'll need the QP card if I'm ever travelling on Jetstar. Perish the thought.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
year of the roo