Qantas Club Lounge Access

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by annann, Feb 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. annann

annann Junior Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Hi Everyone

My parents are travelling MEL-HKG in Economy. My mother is a Qantas Club member. A friend of theirs is also travelling on the same flight but on a seperate booking. Can their friend check in together with my parents in the Qantas Club line or does she have to go to the economy line. I know that I can put requests in their booking but as i have a upgrade by points request for my parents, I didn't think it was a good idea.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Thanks in advance

Ann

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Technically, iirc, she cannot though I cannot see there actually being a problem

Dave

3. shillard

shillard Guest

No problem at all, I frequently travel with friends/ colleagues who have little or no status, and they always check-in with me at the Plat/ J line.

4. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Shillard is correct

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Infact... once I've dropped a friend (no status) at the airport (BNE) - the econ checkin line was absolutely HUGEEEE .. so I lined them up in the QP line and just showed my plat card... the checkin-chick didn't look impressed but she tagged him in + priority tags none the less ;)

6. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have done this many times, which usually results in the checkin person trying to sit us together. But normally tell them its not important..

7. mick

mick Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm only PS and regularly do this when travelling with someone with no status. They never so much as batter an eyelid at check-in when I'm queued with a colleague in the business or QC line. Sometimes they attach Priority tags (when they really don't have to) and sometimes they don't.

8. Leumas

Leumas Active Member

Jul 5, 2004
    As others said, check-in is unlikely to be a problem. Just go up to the counter and ask politely.

However, the friend is unlikely to get into the lounge though. You can ask, the worst that can happen is for them to say 'no' to the friend.