Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
On the WW EveryDay Mastercard site it says the following under Credit Cards > About the Card > Rewards
Qantas as a Bonus Partner...
Earn 1 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent using your Woolworths Qantas credit card on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
The addition of Qantas as a bonus partner provides yet another great way for you to earn more Qantas Frequent Flyer points, so you can keep building your points balance and get rewarded even faster!^
The ^ says...
^In addition to ordinary points, we allocate one bonus point for each whole AUD 1.00 of total value of spend (rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar value) using your credit card on:
(a) Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e directly with Qantas or some travel agents: or
(b) Qantas Club or Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining or annual fees.
Excludes purchases from Qantas Freight, Qantas Holidays, Qantas Business Travel, Jetset Travelworld or the Jetstar Group of companies and purchases of Qantas branded products.

shintaro10x pointed this out on 10 December 2011 in the main Everyday Rewards Qantas Credit Card thread.
Announcement on this months statement...

So that now makes this a 2pt per $1 card on selected Qantas purchases...:D

They must have figured out the sheer lack of Qantas bookings going through these cards, since ANZ, Westpac & other cards have bonus points for Qantas purchases.... I know its still a $1/pt card (excluding the new Qantas bonus partner 2x points) but the value of this card just keeps getting better and better in my opinion...

I found out some other information in January:
I have some further information on this after a very long call (20 mins old hold!) with WW/HSBC.

The only merchant account which qualifies is:
Qantas Mascot Aus

This is used for Qantas.com bookings, and Qantas Club & Frequent Flyer Membership they tell me.

If it goes through "Qantas E Mascot Aus" (EpiQure) I know you don't earn bonus point per dollar as I did not receive them on a recent order.

HBSC could not tell me if Qantas Holidays or Qantas Hotels or any of the other Qantas merchant accounts would earn the bonus point per dollar.If anyone else wants to call and try again, please report back.

My question to the forum is are you getting the bonus points that are being advertised?

I spent a fair bit of money with Qantas Mascot Aus in late mid April (so last statement period) and late April (the statement period just completed) and the points have not credited so far.

I called 1300 10 1234 and spoke to someone who had NO idea that there were bonus points for spending at Qantas. She told me I must not have swiped my EDR 'orange' card at the time of purchase. I asked her how I do that when I was talking to Qantas, or booking on qantas.com and then stepped her through the website to show her the above text, and even after reading it she didn't believe me. She eventually gave in and said she'd have to email someone to get an answer on it.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this situation. Can you check your statements and complain to give a bit more weight to this?

It worked for some spend I made with Qantas Mascot Aus in late January - the double points came up on my February statement (but not as Bonus Points - just extra points under the 'ordinary points').

My question to the forum is are you getting the bonus points that are being advertised?

I spent a fair bit of money with Qantas Mascot Aus in late mid April (so last statement period) and late April (the statement period just completed) and the points have not credited so far.

I had bonus points post last month for some flight bookings made on the Qantas website.

Hi oz_mark
Thanks for the feedback. I've reviewed all my statements, and have had half a dozen Qantas Mascot Aus transactions over the last few months. All of them have received the bonus points (not that they are listed as bonus points - just the total number on the statement includes them) except the transaction on this month's statement.
I've had multiple conversations on the phone so far, but the operator just isn't understanding.

I asked them if I could email them all the details so they could investigate, and they agreed, so I have done this. Let's see how we go. If they don't sort it out, I'll just cancel the card - it's not worth the pain.

Just got my May statement, and all the points seem to be there. Bonus points from a prior double point promotion. Add the base and bonus together gets a number less than the total creditted. The difference is exactly my spend on Qantas flights (and vouchers), so looks good.

I have noticed a recent promotions for double points for Qantas flights, does that include card holders who started using the card since last year?
Thank you everyone

My latest statement includes a big purchase from Qantas Mascot. The points on the statement match the close balance amount (half of which is the purchase in question). I called about the missing bonus points to be told they aren't listed as bonus points on the statement but will appear in a little while - 14 July purchase sometime next week.

So now I need to audit all my statements. :( :mad: Then chase them up when this lot of bonus points don't turn up. double :mad:

Add one more to the list of people with missing bonus points. Mine was processed with "qantas mascot nsw".

A reply from WoW CC:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Woolworths Credit Cards.

In regards to your email below, please be aware that cardholders earn one Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) point per dollar spent on eligible purchases using the card regardless of where they shop.

We currently do not offer any bonus points to cardholders that make purchases at Qantas.

This directly goes against:

https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/...t+Cards/Woolworths+Qantas+credit+card/Rewards

Qantas as a Bonus Partner
Earn 1 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent using your Woolworths Qantas credit card on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.

Am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:

I don't think so. I would go back to them referencing that website link and also the t&c's if you can. It seems lots of members of AFF have had problems with a variety of credit card providers paying out bonus points

A reply from WoW CC:

This directly goes against:

https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/...t+Cards/Woolworths+Qantas+credit+card/Rewards

I had a look at the WW EDR link you provided. Note this part.

Qantas as a Bonus Partner

The key word here is selected. I hate T&C's like this because no-one will own up to or commit to what exactly is selected. Like other people in this thread - I would assume that its the merchant account in Mascot NSW (default for Qantas.com flight bookings) is what should be eligble for the 1 bonus point per 1$ spent.

Good thread - I will be booking some QF flights in the future so will report back.

The key word here is selected. I hate T&C's like this because no-one will own up to or commit to what exactly is selected. Like other people in this thread - I would assume that its the merchant account in Mascot NSW (default for Qantas.com flight bookings) is what should be eligble for the 1 bonus point per 1$ spent.

I look forward to being told that the only Qantas service they have 'selected' is the purchasing of that Koala Bear Pilot out of the Duty Free catalogue.

They were very quick to respond to my original complaint but I still haven't heard back.

The response from Woowlworths was incorrect.

The biggest issue I have had is that the bonus points don't show up in an obvious way on the statement. I get things like

ordinary points100
bonus and promotional points0
total Qantas frequent flyer points200

Where the extra 100 in the total comes from the Qantas spend.

As for selected products (https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/.../Woolworths+Qantas+credit+card/Current+Offers)

4. In addition to ordinary points, we allocate one bonus point for each whole AUD 1.00 of total value of spend (rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar value) using your credit card on: (a) Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents: or (b) Qantas Club or Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining or annual fees. Excludes purchases from Qantas Freight, Qantas Holidays, Qantas Business Travel, Jetset Travelworld or the Jetstar Group of companies and purchases of Qantas branded products supplied by third parties. We may from time to time vary the Qantas products and services that are eligible to earn bonus points.

The biggest issue I have had is that the bonus points don't show up in an obvious way on the statement. I get things like

I just checked this and this isn't the source of my issue. My points transferred figure is almost exactly the "purchases and other charges" figure. For the record, the bonus points i'm looking for are for flights out of Australia, charged by the Qantas Mascot merchant.

Pity, I quite liked this CC until this issue. As usual a good product is let down by poor service.

I called them today and they have said the missing points will be added.

Check your statements!

Juts got my August statement, and no bonus points for the Qantas spend. Looks like a phone call is needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back