Qantas award flight on Jetstar to NZ - Check-in options at SYD? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas award flight on Jetstar to NZ - Check-in options at SYD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needaholiday

Intern
Not sure if this is already covered elsewhere...the wife is travelling from Sydney to Christchurch on Jetstar in economy (QF309) on a QFF award ticket.

She is Qantas Club/Silver FF, what are her check-in options ? can she check-in at a QF business counter, a Jetstar StarClass counter, or with the rabble? Anything to help smooth the way into a delightful Jetstar flight!

serfty

Flights
My Map
needaholiday said:
Not sure if this is already covered elsewhere...the wife is travelling from Sydney to Christchurch on Jetstar in economy (QF309) on a QFF award ticket.

She is Qantas Club/Silver FF, what are her check-in options ? can she check-in at a QF business counter, a Jetstar StarClass counter, or with the rabble? Anything to help smooth the way into a delightful Jetstar flight!
Unfortunately it's with the Rabble!

Check in opens 3 hours before the flight; I suggest she is already queued when check-in opens and requests an exit row.

Last edited:

needaholiday

Intern
Thanks for that .. being a morning flight that one will be tough after allowing for the usual morning make-up time...

Last edited:

NM

Flights
My Map
needaholiday said:
being a morning flight that one will be tough after allowing for the usual morning make-up time...
That is what the ride to the airport is for. And if not finished, she should still have about 2.5 hours in the Qantas Club to finish the process :p .

serfty

Flights
My Map
I believe it's departing at 8:50?

Being a QP member, access to the Upstairs J lounge will be available; they have some very nice large shower room facilities there. Checking in at 5:50 would enable leisurely completion of "the usual morning make-up time" processes.

I presume a seat has been preallocated for her? If not, you can call Jetstar on 131 538 (+ 61 3 8341 4901) and make a request.

Last edited:

needaholiday

Intern
Cheers, we'll give Jetstar a call and see what they can do. At least she might get a free snack on a QF award....

NM

Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Sure it's not QF409 departing at 8:50?
Isn't QF409 the 7am departure from SYD to MEL that only operates on Wednesdays?

serfty

Flights
My Map
NM said:
Isn't QF409 the 7am departure from SYD to MEL that only operates on Wednesdays?
Yes; I was looking at JQ409 shown on the QF website; the 8:50 code share is QF309 ... that lysdexia thing must be spreading ... :shock:

needaholiday

Intern
All went well, received a call this morning from the Mrs at the airport, only one person in the queue on arrival, very pleasant check-in agent, and changed the allocated mid-plane aisle seat to the first row aisle seat in celebration of 'International Womens Day'.:D

Evan

Established Member
needaholiday said:
in celebration of 'International Womens Day'.:D
Its international ?? i thought it was mostly eastern european. Oh well shows how much i know.
E

NM

Flights
My Map
Evan said:
Its international ?? i thought it was mostly eastern european. Oh well shows how much i know.
E
This is the Australian Frequent Flyer forum, and Eastern Europe is an International destination by just about any definition of the term for most members here :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam