Problem with FF Flights ex-USA

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by garybatz, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. garybatz

garybatz Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Melbourne
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if something has changed with finding QFF award flights to/from the US? I've been doing some dummy searches for J flights I'm wanting to book in a couple of months for mid-2015 travel, including coming back from from SFO to MEL. When I search SFO-MEL all I get are flights like SFO/HKG/MEL or SFO/LHR/MEL, with nothing SFO/LAX/MEL. I've tried multiple dates but no luck. Have also tried doing it as a Multi-City search but still the same. Even a simple SFO/LAX comes up with nothing.

I seem to recall not so long ago getting plenty of flights via LAX when going to/from SFO. The options via HKG or LHR are doable but burn a lot more precious points.

Anyone got any intel on this?

Many thanks

2. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    AA only have flights 330 days out. QF is 355 days (=03/05/2015). As a guess you are being offered flights by CX & BA, and not AA

3. garybatz

garybatz Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Melbourne
    That makes sense, thanks