Priority Club Changes? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Priority Club Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdster

Hello All - Long time reader...first time poster!

I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience with priority club? That being up until about 3 weeks ago, i could credit my QFF with stays at Holiday Inn. Two of my last stays were not credited, which I put in a claim on their web site. After no response, I called them and was told that because my company had paid for the accom. that I'm not entitled to the rewards. Even though my name is on the booking. Yet all my other stays before this time credited without a hitch.
I know I'm trying to get something for nothing, but a call it a perk and Holiday Inn being stingy!

Comments?

Dave Noble

I believe that they are correct in that if you do not pay for the accommodation then you are not eligable for the points

Dave

Birdster

Yes Dave, I do too. Their club, their rules..I'm not disputing that at all...All I saying that they have changed (or clamped down) on the policy.

Have posted to inform rather than complain. Must be others out there receiving points through company travel.

Quite simple for me to have my company put me up somewhere else that doesn't care/check/whatever. Its a bonus to get the points, it's not an issue if I don't.

Ken

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
From the terms and conditions I think that you should be able to earn points on business stays, except for the following caveat:
Priority Club® points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more).
Having said that, I was told once that my business stays were not eligible to earn points, but I kept claiming them anyway and they nearly always went through. Now I stick to claiming Priority Club points rather than QFF and I've never had a problem doing that.

Steve

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
StevePER said:
From the terms and conditions I think that you should be able to earn points on business stays, except for the following caveat:
Priority Club® points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more).

Having said that, I was told once that my business stays were not eligible to earn points, but I kept claiming them anyway and they nearly always went through. Now I stick to claiming Priority Club points rather than QFF and I've never had a problem doing that.
I am not sure how you guys have your accommodation paid for, but I have never had an issue with getting points for business trips.

Personal trips are another story though.

They do seem to have had some sort of clamp down of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisa16_rose