Priority Club Changes?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Birdster, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Birdster

Birdster Newbie

Jul 29, 2006
    Hello All - Long time reader...first time poster!

I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience with priority club? That being up until about 3 weeks ago, i could credit my QFF with stays at Holiday Inn. Two of my last stays were not credited, which I put in a claim on their web site. After no response, I called them and was told that because my company had paid for the accom. that I'm not entitled to the rewards. Even though my name is on the booking. Yet all my other stays before this time credited without a hitch.
    I know I'm trying to get something for nothing, but a call it a perk and Holiday Inn being stingy!

Comments?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I believe that they are correct in that if you do not pay for the accommodation then you are not eligable for the points

Dave

3. Birdster

Birdster Newbie

Jul 29, 2006
    Yes Dave, I do too. Their club, their rules..I'm not disputing that at all...All I saying that they have changed (or clamped down) on the policy.

Have posted to inform rather than complain. Must be others out there receiving points through company travel.

Quite simple for me to have my company put me up somewhere else that doesn't care/check/whatever. Its a bonus to get the points, it's not an issue if I don't.

Ken

4. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    From the terms and conditions I think that you should be able to earn points on business stays, except for the following caveat:
    Priority Club® points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more).
    Having said that, I was told once that my business stays were not eligible to earn points, but I kept claiming them anyway and they nearly always went through. Now I stick to claiming Priority Club points rather than QFF and I've never had a problem doing that.

Steve

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am not sure how you guys have your accommodation paid for, but I have never had an issue with getting points for business trips.

Personal trips are another story though.

They do seem to have had some sort of clamp down of late.