jakeseven7

Solutions
Last edited:

MooTime

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
QF take away economy snack bar, yeah right they'll be walking around offering snacks, good luck. Cost cutting the basics.

Welcome to country!
WTF, sounds like illiterate crew!

How about, 'Welcome to our County'

jrfsp

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Welcome to country!
WTF, sounds like illiterate crew!

How about, 'Welcome to our County'

They wont say "welcome to country"

As quoted it will be something along the lines of “I’d like to start by acknowledging the traditional owners of the land, the Gadigal people of the Eora nation and pay my respect to leaders past, present and emerging,” This is a 'Welcome to country'.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
QF take away economy snack bar, yeah right they'll be walking around offering snacks, good luck. Cost cutting the basics.

Yeh, some crew will be proactive at offering snacks. I suspect they will be the exception rather than the norm.

I've also taken the liberty to correct the following quote from the same article. You've got to hand it to Qantas, one thing they are consistently good at is dressing up everything as something wonderful!

Iconic Cheaper Australian ice-creams will also be added to the in-flight menu including Paddle Pops and Splices.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I've also taken the liberty to correct the following quote from the same article. You've got to hand it to Qantas, one thing they are consistently good at is dressing up everything as something wonderful!

I'd actually drafted a post on the same thing... until I googled paddlepops and splices... they retail for $5 for 8, and $7 for 8 respectively at both Coles and Woolies. So by no means the 20c I thought they were!

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Must...Fly!

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I'd actually drafted a post on the same thing... until I googled paddlepops and splices... they retail for $5 for 8, and $7 for 8 respectively at both Coles and Woolies. So by no means the 20c I thought they were!
Half price every other week

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
They wont say "welcome to country"

As quoted it will be something along the lines of “I’d like to start by acknowledging the traditional owners of the land, the Gadigal people of the Eora nation and pay my respect to leaders past, present and emerging,” This is a 'Welcome to country'.

It's actually an acknowledgement of country. Only the aboriginal people themselves can welcome people to it, as they consider it their country, not ours. (Don't flame me, I'm just quoting the facts).

I assume they'll continue with the standard "Welcome to Sydney were the local time is..." on landing.

Considering how many different tribes there are, the FAs better be on their toes, especially in the case of diverts.

http_x92

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
People predicting when the QF Double Status credits offer starts. Based on previous years, might be Feb-Mar next year. Useful for status runs tied to a 4-5 day vacation.

mviy

Established Member
People predicting when the QF Double Status credits offer starts. Based on previous years, might be Feb-Mar next year. Useful for status runs tied to a 4-5 day vacation.
If they pull a surprise and do one before my trip later this year I may cancel and rebook as doing so would get me a few status goals. Good to be back thinking about getting SCs.

If they do one Feb-Mar next year then I might consider what runs I can do assuming domestic borders are open by then.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Don't even think for a second Qantas would be paying that much per unit.

Think more like something less than $20,000 for 80,000 with special modified recipe production runs.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum 1
It's actually an acknowledgement of country. Only the aboriginal people themselves can welcome people to it, as they consider it their country, not ours. (Don't flame me, I'm just quoting the facts).

I assume they'll continue with the standard "Welcome to Sydney were the local time is..." on landing.

Considering how many different tribes there are, the FAs better be on their toes, especially in the case of diverts.
I think it might well be a “Welcome to Country” that’s been recorded by an elder.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I think it might well be a “Welcome to Country” that’s been recorded by an elder.

Media reported her as saying crew would do it.

Actually, Welcome to Country is one of the things you’ll hear our crew doing once we restart as well, which is a new addition and something we’re really excited about

I flew a couple of times in July in QLD and the crew did this over the PA - which is why I assumed that is what it would be. If it were recorded, that is going to get very complex as you'd need one for practically every airport (all different tribes).

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum 1
Media reported her as saying crew would do it.

Actually, Welcome to Country is one of the things you’ll hear our crew doing once we restart as well, which is a new addition and something we’re really excited about

I flew a couple of times in July in QLD and the crew did this over the PA - which is why I assumed that is what it would be. If it were recorded, that is going to get very complex as you'd need one for practically every airport (all different tribes).
Thanks. I only read the release which was “Welcome” and I assumed that QF would use the correct terminology but perhaps not.

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum

Think more like something less than $20,000 for 80,000 with special modified recipe production runs.
The modification is to make them so tough, so frozen, so impossible to eat that they can be branded as the Qantas Titanium Paddlepop.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions

It never entered my mind that QF would pay retial... but I thought paddlepops and splices were 20c each normally, so QF would be paying something less than that! But I was surprised at the cost of those two items in 2021!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..