Predictions of when international flights may resume/bans lifted

N860CR

Established Member
I’d be extremely surprised to see Morrison trump (pardon the pun) Perretot at this point. Once the airlines get the ok, the stranded Australians will be back within a few days.

guiguioz

I suspect the border will open to AUS citizens and PRs only (as outlined in the National Plan), not 'international tourists'

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I am actually really scared now. She has sinopharm and that 210/week cap is WAAAAAY too low.

If airlines say TGA recognized vaccines on board only, she is done for.

Looks like back to square one - Go overseas and hide out in a third country because she is not allowed in Australia.

It will be like going back to a travel ban

Why can't she just go get a TGA approved one? Surely Pfizer et al are available in most countries if you're willing to pay.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Dom said that he expected the federal government would open up to Australians first, so this is completely consistent with his announcement.

No restrictions on Australians leaving for tourism, so that part of the "leak" was bogus.

Silvia

Established Member
I'm very confused but would assume that as parents would be allowed, they would be able to apply for a visitor visa with proof that they are my immediate family? even though the processing times on the website indicate 5 months...

Berlin

Established Member
Awesome news!

Meanwhile, Hobart goes into a 3 day lockdown. Feels about as crazy as the nonsensical uber-careful stuff here in NZ (but then, once almost under control, you randomly open up and then wonder where all those cases come from). Personally, I can't wait to get home to Australia!

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Jeffstrongman

It changes our family world completely.
Hasn’t changed my world - temporary resident who now has to watch all my work colleagues and neighbours fly around the world. But on semantics I am classed as not ‘living’ here. I have no issue with Australian citizens and permanent residents being included but cannot fathom how ‘residents’ who have been fully present in Australia for over 2 years are classed as sub citizens. Maybe I will ask my next door neighbour to go and visit my elderly parents for me.