Predictions of when international flights may resume/bans lifted

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Yes It is now a matter of luck on which State you live in.

If you live in NSW or Victoria, you know that they are itching to restart international.

But if you live in other states, you know that the Premiers are likely to ignore the direction by Scott Morrison
Marshall won’t ignore Morrison as he’s signed up. But he has to wrest power from the CHO. Our saving grace is that the power is with the PC and he seems to understand that he can’t push people too far (the pizza gate issue still resonates with him) and he understands civil unrest. He overruled the CHO just last week.

antycbr

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Marshall won’t ignore Morrison as he’s signed up. But he has to wrest power from the CHO. Our saving grace is that the power of the PC and he seems to understand that he can’t push people too far (the pizza gate issue still resonated with him) is that he understands civil unrest.
Civil unrest in South Australia? I couldn't think of anywhere less likely. Don't have the convict stain, you see, unlike the rest of us.

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Civil unrest in South Australia? I couldn't think of anywhere less likely. Don't have the convict stain, you see, unlike the rest of us.
We had a great turnout here in SA for the Iraq invasion. I’m prepared to do some staining. Remember our free settlers came here because they fought for religious freedom.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

coyote25

Established Member
Also should be fine for immigrants, students, backpackers. There was a story this morning about a hospo group paying a bounty, flighta and quarantine costs for any Brit willing to come and work for them.
International students shouldn’t be that concerned with 7 days ‘home’ quarantine depending on what is defined as ‘home’.

We are getting there…. finally

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
But seriously, even if international borders open, where are you gonna go? Are you going to go to India?
Why not.Their daily Covid cases per head of population are a lot lower than the USA.Even lower in actual numbers despite having nearly 4 times the population.

Rebus

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Depending on how they define home quarantine, it may be the case that some tourists (I'm thinking specifically of family members) would be willing to come to Australia and accept the 7 days. I reckon my Mum would be only too glad to have a week at home with her Aussie grandkids before enjoying days out in the remainder of her trip.
Post automatically merged:

But seriously, even if international borders open, where are you gonna go? Are you going to go to India?
I'd be happy to go to anywhere with a decent level of vaccination. I'd jump on a plane tomorrow to the UK, most of mainland Europe, Canada, the US. I've had my vaccine and it's time to start living.

HappyFlyerFamily

Established Member
Solutions
Is the national plan being followed? SA, Qld, NT and WA are presently tracking to reach 80% double dose in December

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Depending on how they define home quarantine, it may be the case that some tourists (I'm thinking specifically of family members) would be willing to come to Australia and accept the 7 days. I reckon my Mum would be only too glad to have a week at home with her Aussie grandkids before enjoying days out in the remainder of her trip.
Post automatically merged:

I'd be happy to go to anywhere with a decent level of vaccination. I'd jump on a plane tomorrow to the UK, most of mainland Europe, Canada, the US. I've had my vaccine and it's time to start living.
DIL is already preparing for her UK parents to spend the week at her place in quarantine.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..