Predictions of when international flights may resume/bans lifted

MooTime

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Which would mean a change of government.
Change of gov or not, but wouldn't we think both parties will have plans to open up sooner rather that later post election night, the old 1st 100 day plan! Yawn!

People sadly forget what politicians do before & go on promises.
Future Outlook rather than the past.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Do you think Labor would offer an alternative policy on this? My gut says the LNP's constituency probably skews more open-borders than the ALP's.

Yes if anything the possibly is likely to drive some minority party votes that ultimately preference LNP but perhaps shift things in the senate. But I can't see either party putting out a "open the borders up" policy (although having some more exemptions on compassionate grounds for the vaccinated could be a winner).

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
[Mod Hat]
Please stick to the topic, which is predictions of when international flights may resume, not predictions of the outcome of the next federal election.
[/Mod Hat]

ayushamity

So we move into Phase 2 at 70% vaccination and Phase 3 at 80% vaccination.

Phase 2 means vaccinated Australians can travel overseas. And by Phase 3, international vaccinated people can enter.

The biggest problem with this plan is that we are held hostage to anti vaxxers or vaccine hesitant people not getting vaccinated.

Let's hope that the Sydney outbreak keeps on going because if it goes back to zero, people will become slack again and we are never reaching 70%.

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
but living in QLD we may very well be the last to be able to travel OS.Can't see us getting to 70% quickly and 80% will be an age.

MooTime

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I feel good about this target news.

People should feel energised by what's very possible now, normality as we once knew it suddenly has a time line.

1 million per week, maybe top out at 2 million for a short period with juicy incentives.
More back of envelope stuff to come, ha!

Yes yes yes, C'mon Australia WE can do this. Together as a country as ONE.

Most here on AFF already in the 18%.

auriga

Phase 2 means vaccinated Australians can travel overseas. And by Phase 3, international vaccinated people can enter.
Is that true? I didn't hear anything about that, could have missed it.

mviy

Established Member
So can anyone fully vaccinated travel overseas and home quarantine on return in Phase B? I thought that was Phase C?

Keen to travel overseas to see Australian family for Christmas. Do these targets facilitate this?
Most here on AFF already in the 18%.
In the over 40s or those in other priority groups, yes.

Those of us in 2B should be mostly on the way but with only one dose so far.

JB expat

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I had hoped for something more realistic for phase 2 like 70% for over 70s and 50% for 16+.
That's my take away from this - I feel like the borders are never going to open. And what are the triggers for Phases C & D - what are the differing conditions precedent?

We will be hostage to the vaxxe refusers - I don't care about the PM's optimism about reaching 80%, I care more about reality, and giving a warning to vaxxe refusers about their being at risk after a certain period of time post full supply of vaccines.

olliekeighley

That's my take away from this - I feel like the borders are never going to open. And what are the triggers for Phases C & D - what are the differing conditions precedent?

We will be hostage to the vaxxe refusers - I don't care about the PM's optimism about reaching 80%, I care more about reality, and giving a warning to vaxxe refusers about their being at risk after a certain period of time post full supply of vaccines.
Exactly. The vulnerable age groups should be told that we are opening up regardless on march 1 2022 for arguments sake. 9 months notice to get fully vaccinated.

oznflfan

The biggest problem with this plan is that we are held hostage to anti vaxxers or vaccine hesitant people not getting vaccinated.

Let's hope that the Sydney outbreak keeps on going because if it goes back to zero, people will become slack again and we are never reaching 70%.
No, Phase 2 we are still trapped at home.
Phase 3 we can leave the country and return either with home quarantine, or no quarantine for travel bubble countries (think NZ/Singapore/etc).
Phase 4 we can leave the country and no quarantine on return.

Virgin Wines Australia Has Exceptional Red, White & Sparkling Wines On Offer. See Online. See Our Exclusive Wine Selections From Around Australia & Around The World. Shop Now! Advent Calendar 2021. Better Wines for Less. Cancel Anytime. No Membership Fees.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

arrow

No, Phase 2 we are still trapped at home.
Phase 3 we can leave the country and return either with home quarantine, or no quarantine for travel bubble countries (think NZ/Singapore/etc).
Phase 4 we can leave the country and no quarantine on return.
Yeah, it’s seriously a joke! Once the vulnerable are vaccinated, the borders should open!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..