Powerpoint attachment | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Powerpoint attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maca44

AFF Supporter
Is it possible to attach a powerpoint attachment for the information of other op's as I received some great photos of the A380. I assume I would first have to send it to the forum moderator so it can be checked etc, but even then I don't know if its possible. Your assistance please.

NM

Flights
My Map
There is a photo album section on AFF. You would have copy the photos from the PPT and save them individually as JPG or similar format.

However, the upload facility has been broken for a few months now. I sent a message to Admin and he said he was looking into it. But last time I tried it was still broken.

Of course you need to ensure you have the right to upload the photos - i.e. that they are not copyrighted to someone else.

Maca44

AFF Supporter
Thanks NM.
Emailed the attachment through to Clifford so will see what happens.

Yada Yada

Established Member
Thanks Macca44.

I did not realise that Airbus had to transport the fuselage from one site to another. Amazing photos! It must be a real buzz for the designers to see their creation take flight.

duffshot

Welcome to the aviation business in Europe where it matters little what makes sense logistically, as long as every country gets to share in the work.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
I received photo's from a FT'er whose F-i-L 2B was part of the groundcrew for the BNE arrival of the A380. He was able to wander around and take some exceptionsal close-up shots of the plane while in Hanger 3.

I'll go and ask him if he minds me posting to this site??

tuapekastar

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yada Yada said:
Thanks Macca44.

I did not realise that Airbus had to transport the fuselage from one site to another. Amazing photos! It must be a real buzz for the designers to see their creation take flight.
On the TV show re A380 they showed how different parts were made in different countries. IIRC, part of the fuselage in Spain and the rest in France. Wings in the UK. Toilets in Germany! And escape slides in the US. Or something along those lines, then everything brought together in France - it was interesting seeing the wings taken by barge along a river in the UK, then across the channel, then along another river in France, and finally by road (in one village there was literally 1 or 2 cms clearance from the houses each side).

Cheers

JohnK

AFF Supporter
tuapekastar said:
... Toilets in Germany! ...
If the toilet is the same size as a 747 toilet then a few guys on this site will still have problems aiming properly while trying to lean in different directions to gravitational pull. :oops:

duffshot

and sinking the barge a little when they get to bridges they don't fit underneath

NM

Flights
My Map
and the whole procession has to be repeated for each aircraft manufactured. I think some villagers may soon become sick of the sight and sounds of A380 wings being inched past their windows on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee