Points transfer to QF....Rejected | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Points transfer to QF....Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest

For some bizarre reason it takes me 2-3 attempts at transfering points from westpac->qantas online. I get the standard "we cannot complete this transfer because the ff#, name on your cc and name on your qf account do not match.

Anyone else have these problems?

I also had similar issues with travel agents and QF number in the reservation! :(
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
I don't use Westpac, but I have had the problem with other providers. You sometimes need the names on the cards to be an exact match, while other times only the surname needs to match.

I think it all depends on how good their software is.
 

sgrenville

Newbie
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
2
I hada similar problem with getting my flights via an agent matched up to my QF membership. I think it all turned out to be the fact that my membership number started with a zero and they weren't using it. Any bet it is something trivial like that.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,165
d00t said:
For some bizarre reason it takes me 2-3 attempts at transfering points from westpac->qantas online. I get the standard "we cannot complete this transfer because the ff#, name on your cc and name on your qf account do not match.

Anyone else have these problems?

I also had similar issues with travel agents and QF number in the reservation! :(
I think has something to do with the 2 leading zeros on your ff account.

Eg 1234567 is actually 001234567.
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
I myself do not transfer Altitude points to QF, rather I use them to redeem at Altitude Travel - 12,500 Altitude points = $A100, but is only equal to 6250 QF points.

I can do far more with the $100 equivalent (AND earn QF points and SC's at the same time) than I can do with 6250 QF points.

(Currently on 297,575 Altitude points, equivalent to $2300 worth of travel, INCLUDING taxes, or 148,750 QF FF points - I think I can do more with $2300 than I can do with 148K points, given that the Altitude points do not have capacity restrictions, since they are ANY seat on ANY flight).

Dave
 
G

Guest

thadocta said:
I myself do not transfer Altitude points to QF, rather I use them to redeem at Altitude Travel - 12,500 Altitude points = $A100, but is only equal to 6250 QF points.

I can do far more with the $100 equivalent (AND earn QF points and SC's at the same time) than I can do with 6250 QF points.

(Currently on 297,575 Altitude points, equivalent to $2300 worth of travel, INCLUDING taxes, or 148,750 QF FF points - I think I can do more with $2300 than I can do with 148K points, given that the Altitude points do not have capacity restrictions, since they are ANY seat on ANY flight).

Dave
including taxes?? works out about even if you get some pimp flights during peak times
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
d00t said:
thadocta said:
I myself do not transfer Altitude points to QF, rather I use them to redeem at Altitude Travel - 12,500 Altitude points = $A100, but is only equal to 6250 QF points.

I can do far more with the $100 equivalent (AND earn QF points and SC's at the same time) than I can do with 6250 QF points.

(Currently on 297,575 Altitude points, equivalent to $2300 worth of travel, INCLUDING taxes, or 148,750 QF FF points - I think I can do more with $2300 than I can do with 148K points, given that the Altitude points do not have capacity restrictions, since they are ANY seat on ANY flight).

Dave
including taxes?? works out about even if you get some pimp flights during peak times
Yep, includes taxes, AND I get any paid availability (as opposed to award availability) AND I can waitlist for upgrades using FF points, AND I get FF miles and SC's - can even use the Altitude points on obscure airlines, basically any seat which a TA can sell for $$$$ can be paid for with Altitude points.

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,621
Messages
1,884,915
Members
49,502
Latest member
fatherlee
Top