Points transfer to QF....Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

For some bizarre reason it takes me 2-3 attempts at transfering points from westpac->qantas online. I get the standard "we cannot complete this transfer because the ff#, name on your cc and name on your qf account do not match.

Anyone else have these problems?

I also had similar issues with travel agents and QF number in the reservation! :(

I don't use Westpac, but I have had the problem with other providers. You sometimes need the names on the cards to be an exact match, while other times only the surname needs to match.

I think it all depends on how good their software is.

I hada similar problem with getting my flights via an agent matched up to my QF membership. I think it all turned out to be the fact that my membership number started with a zero and they weren't using it. Any bet it is something trivial like that.

d00t said:
For some bizarre reason it takes me 2-3 attempts at transfering points from westpac->qantas online. I get the standard "we cannot complete this transfer because the ff#, name on your cc and name on your qf account do not match.

Anyone else have these problems?

I also had similar issues with travel agents and QF number in the reservation! :(
I think has something to do with the 2 leading zeros on your ff account.

Eg 1234567 is actually 001234567.

I myself do not transfer Altitude points to QF, rather I use them to redeem at Altitude Travel - 12,500 Altitude points = $A100, but is only equal to 6250 QF points.

I can do far more with the $100 equivalent (AND earn QF points and SC's at the same time) than I can do with 6250 QF points.

(Currently on 297,575 Altitude points, equivalent to $2300 worth of travel, INCLUDING taxes, or 148,750 QF FF points - I think I can do more with $2300 than I can do with 148K points, given that the Altitude points do not have capacity restrictions, since they are ANY seat on ANY flight).

Dave

thadocta said:
I myself do not transfer Altitude points to QF, rather I use them to redeem at Altitude Travel - 12,500 Altitude points = $A100, but is only equal to 6250 QF points.

I can do far more with the $100 equivalent (AND earn QF points and SC's at the same time) than I can do with 6250 QF points.

(Currently on 297,575 Altitude points, equivalent to $2300 worth of travel, INCLUDING taxes, or 148,750 QF FF points - I think I can do more with $2300 than I can do with 148K points, given that the Altitude points do not have capacity restrictions, since they are ANY seat on ANY flight).

Dave

including taxes?? works out about even if you get some pimp flights during peak times

d00t said:
thadocta said:

Dave

including taxes?? works out about even if you get some pimp flights during peak times

Yep, includes taxes, AND I get any paid availability (as opposed to award availability) AND I can waitlist for upgrades using FF points, AND I get FF miles and SC's - can even use the Altitude points on obscure airlines, basically any seat which a TA can sell for $$$$ can be paid for with Altitude points.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back