Points increase for redemption for International Flights | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Points increase for redemption for International Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

AFF Supporter
Looks like they have increased their points requirements for International Flights ..... To match with Qantas!!!!! Of course they did not really let us know about it in advance ....... Not to mention that there are not much more promotions on points .........

Velocity> Redeeming - International Flights

Maybe they are trying to force everyone to redeem the points on VirginBlue/PacificBlue flights .....

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Looks like Emirates / Virgin Atlantic have gone up (but not Hawaiian)

Interesting. Not sure when it happened, or if we ever got any notice. Will have to go back through various emails etc.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I am not sure exactly how redemptions work, but the points on the website are only the minimum required and there are a set of caveats around this. Perhaps there has been some increase in the base that velocity is working off.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
I am not sure exactly how redemptions work, but the points on the website are only the minimum required and there are a set of caveats around this. Perhaps there has been some increase in the base that velocity is working off.
"* Minimum Points required for a return Economy class fare. The Points required can vary depending on the date of travel and the fares available. "

Maybe the base value of fares have gone up or something. Not sure - and yes, the website does indicate that the points needed can be variable. More details in the T&C Velocity> Member Terms and Conditions

Kiwi Flyer

Note to self - check the forum the post is about before getting angry just from the title. For a moment there I thought QFF awards had gone up again.

serfty

Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Note to self - check the forum the post is about before getting angry just from the title. For a moment there I thought QFF awards had gone up again.
Me too :oops: ...

But steady and saw VB so relaxed somewhat ... :rolleyes:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Kiwi Flyer said:
For a moment there I thought QFF awards had gone up again.
Not long now. Almost 2 years since last major change....

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
"* Minimum Points required for a return Economy class fare. The Points required can vary depending on the date of travel and the fares available. "

Maybe the base value of fares have gone up or something. Not sure - and yes, the website does indicate that the points needed can be variable. More details in the T&C Velocity> Member Terms and Conditions
I was under the assumption that the partner airlines fares were fixed (which is why they have increased eg from 55K to 60K for SE Asia fares), whilst the fares on DJ group of airlines did vary depending on the flight/day (varying roughly in line with the availability of different paid $ fares -so if flight had sale fares points required is very low but if only Corporate Plus fares available extremely high and really worthless).

NM

Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Not long now. Almost 2 years since last major change....
Nahh, the rise in fuel fines has essentially removed the need to enhance the points requirements.

Reggie

Established Member
Kiwi Flyer said:
Likewise:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam