Points capping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi trippin_the_rift
they stuck to the cap for 8 months with me .Kept telling me to upgrade to plat. I got the annual fee waived for the next year when I said I was not going to renew as the cap was too low and annual fee too high. I still might upgarde to plat as they offer SQ krisflyer miles and CBA plat (my other non AMEX card) does not
Cheers Danger UXB

Hi trippin_the_rift
they stuck to the cap for 8 months with me .Kept telling me to upgrade to plat. I got the annual fee waived for the next year when I said I was not going to renew as the cap was too low and annual fee too high. I still might upgarde to plat as they offer SQ krisflyer miles and CBA plat (my other non AMEX card) does not
Cheers Danger UXB

I've hit the platinum 120,000 points cap 6 months into the year.

Waiting for someone from their Sydney center to call me back to discuss however it would be nice to know if anyone else has had the reward limit increased/removed...?

Update: After a 40min call with the Australian callcenter, it was clear there was no room to move on points capping at all. They did however suggest that I apply for a 2nd Platinum card and shift my credit limit over so that I could effectively make use of up to 240,000 points.

I asked the simple question of what do other people in this situation do? (let's face it, 120k/year is not a lot of money in the big scheme)

They offered 2 years fee-free which I accepted but suggested all that would do is keep the card on my desk and that all spend would be taken away from citibank until conditions changed.

Citibank might have been the first platinum card in Australia but it's certainly at the back of the pack now....such a shame :(

Update: After a 40min call with the Australian callcenter, it was clear there was no room to move on points capping at all. They did however suggest that I apply for a 2nd Platinum card and shift my credit limit over so that I could effectively make use of up to 240,000 points.

There seems to be a few things they don't move on:

1) Capping. Even the new T&C's seems tighter on this
2) Interest free days. Once they drop you down, seems to be no room to move you back up.

I asked the simple question of what do other people in this situation do? (let's face it, 120k/year is not a lot of money in the big scheme)
The big scheme? Apart from people running businesses I would be interested to know just how many people actually earn >120,000 per year and have enough left over to spend ~120,000 per year and have a capped Citibank card?

The big scheme? Apart from people running businesses I would be interested to know just how many people actually earn >120,000 per year and have enough left over to spend ~120,000 per year and have a capped Citibank card?

that's what rich folks do dude, we have loads of cash and love to spend it.

(haha ok, so I'm kidding - but you get the idea)

Being a premium product with higher maximum credit limits and higher minimum income levels, I think 120k is fairly restrictive. Perhaps they think that we should just get another card, but with the higher interchange fees I would think that they would be better off promoting higher usage rather restricting it once past a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back