Platinum U request - back into inventory?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    If a Platinum FF requests a U class seat, and has this confirmed, and then cancels - does it return to U inventory, or disappear all together (back into J and D)?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

(This is certainly a question for our most frequent, frequent flyers)

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This really can only be answered by our friends in Qantas "Yield Management"; that wonderful department of statistical revenue maximization.

However, given that a seat request was necessary in the first place, it is highly unlikely that it would be returned to U class. That does not imply it won't happen, rather that generally, it won't.

You never really know; I recently monitered a flight's fare bucket availability while booking an award seat in WHY. Once completed, not only did T reduce by one, so did the N, O, Q & X fare buckets. Other times it's been just T & X.

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I know of one case of this occuring and the seat popped up in J rather than U.

4. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Returning to J makes sense, but I'm hoping it goes back to U :lol: