Platinum Fee

Discussion in 'CitiBank Rewards Program' started by ansettrule, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. ansettrule

ansettrule Intern

Mar 14, 2006
    I am due for my Platinum Annual Fee in April this year and to my surprise in the post today i recieved a letter saying this years fee would be waivered for this year on my card and supplementary cards as well.
    I never asked for this and was surprised when the letter arrived.
    The letter stated also that I have been a LOYAL and Valued customer of Platinum Credit Card for over 8 years now and they would like to reward me for this loyalty by waiving this fee, I have had Plat for only 2 and a half years.
    I am interested if this has happened to anybody else.
    Let us all know.
    Thankyou

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Which bank or CC company are you referring to?

3. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006
    This is in the Ctit rewards section, so I presume he's referring to the Citibank Plat card. :)

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I suspect they are suffering some attrition on their platinum card. I recently closed mine,but not after having to explain to a relationship manager why after 10 years as a loyal customre I was doing so. They did offer a $100 reduction in the fee, but was not enough to entice me to retain what has become an overpriced card for the features on offer.

5. ansettrule

ansettrule Intern

Mar 14, 2006
    Yeah I was refering to the citibank platinum card.

6. ansettrule

ansettrule Intern

Mar 14, 2006
    Straitman, I saw you refer to Ansett--nothing anymore, me too i have an idea,ring Air NZ and ask them to give you some compensation and see what they say??.I would be interested in the reply.

7. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I wouldn't waste my breath or time. .... and I only travel Air NZ now if there are no other options. Two short flights only so far :!: