Platinum Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
I am due for my Platinum Annual Fee in April this year and to my surprise in the post today i recieved a letter saying this years fee would be waivered for this year on my card and supplementary cards as well.
I never asked for this and was surprised when the letter arrived.
The letter stated also that I have been a LOYAL and Valued customer of Platinum Credit Card for over 8 years now and they would like to reward me for this loyalty by waiving this fee, I have had Plat for only 2 and a half years.
I am interested if this has happened to anybody else.
Let us all know.
Thankyou

ansettrule said:
I am due for my Platinum Annual Fee in April this year and to my surprise in the post today i recieved a letter saying this years fee would be waivered for this year on my card and supplementary cards as well.
I never asked for this and was surprised when the letter arrived.
The letter stated also that I have been a LOYAL and Valued customer of Platinum Credit Card for over 8 years now and they would like to reward me for this loyalty by waiving this fee, I have had Plat for only 2 and a half years.
I am interested if this has happened to anybody else.
Let us all know.
Thankyou
Which bank or CC company are you referring to?

This is in the Ctit rewards section, so I presume he's referring to the Citibank Plat card. :)

I suspect they are suffering some attrition on their platinum card. I recently closed mine,but not after having to explain to a relationship manager why after 10 years as a loyal customre I was doing so. They did offer a $100 reduction in the fee, but was not enough to entice me to retain what has become an overpriced card for the features on offer.

Straitman, I saw you refer to Ansett--nothing anymore, me too i have an idea,ring Air NZ and ask them to give you some compensation and see what they say??.I would be interested in the reply.

ansettrule said:
Straitman, I saw you refer to Ansett--nothing anymore, me too i have an idea,ring Air NZ and ask them to give you some compensation and see what they say??.I would be interested in the reply.
I wouldn't waste my breath or time. .... and I only travel Air NZ now if there are no other options. Two short flights only so far :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back