Platinum Charge use to BPay car loan? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Platinum Charge use to BPay car loan?

motlking

Hi all,

My loan with BMW Finance allows payment via BPay. Would there be any issues using the Platinum Charge Card (or other CC) to make a payment? Has anyone had any experience doing this?

Plan was to collect points and maybe take advantage of 0% balance transfer for part or all of it.

Thanks!

TheRealTMA

Established Member
Hi all,

My loan with BMW Finance allows payment via BPay. Would there be any issues using the Platinum Charge Card (or other CC) to make a payment? Has anyone had any experience doing this?

Plan was to collect points and maybe take advantage of 0% balance transfer for part or all of it.

Thanks!
Need to check with bank and CC company. Some cards threat these transactions as cash advance.

albyd

Established Member
Amex doesn’t have BPAy functionality but check out CreditRewards.com.au run by an AFFer. I have no affiliation with them but have used them a couple of times to make BPay funded from my Amex. There is a processing fee of approx 2% so bear this in mind but with current double points promo it might be worth it depending on how you do the maths with the current promotion platinum charge spend is worth 4.5%.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Hi all,

Thanks!
Did you have any luck with this ? I am also having similar thoughts as I could benefit from the current offer. Thanks.

albyd

Established Member
Should be fine as long as it has an ABN. May need to provide an invoice as proof. I imagine you’re paying an outstanding loan. Try CreditRewards first.

motlking

Should be fine as long as it has an ABN. May need to provide an invoice as proof. I imagine you’re paying an outstanding loan. Try CreditRewards first.
Just tried and they don't accept the BMW Finance biller code.

I saw some posts about bluechain.com which might be an option...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saffron