Plat Edge Virgin flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat

Intern
Hi guys,

A few questions.

1) Is the complimentary flight every year that you have the card, or Jan-Dec 12mth period? (Ie if you join in Nov would you have to book by Dec?)

and

2) Must the return leg be booked at the same time? (ie if I'm unsure of my return date, could I book an outbound leg to SYD ...then in 1-2 months confirm the SYD -> BNE leg?)

Cheers
bc

It's one flight per anniversary year, i.e. if you join in Nov 12 you would need to book by Nov 13 - but since you can book just under 12 months out you wouldn't have to fly say until Oct 14 if you wanted to wait that long.

Must book both legs at the same time. It's over the phone with an AMEX travel agent. You can change dates but there are changes fees, etc.

Yes, though reputedly some have rung up just on/around/after the anniversary date and booked two flights at once so it appears there is some leniancy on the date.

I heard from the rep that booked mine that 2 weeks was the maximum extension, but this may be wrong. I booked about 12 days out, and used 2 years at once, so that is also possible.

They verbally advised a generous extension to me & then when I came to book it was "too late..." so I lost my flight.

Yea I lost my first years flight as I didn't try til about 3-4 weeks after my renewal date (I thought it was based on my card fee payment date which is the anniversary of my change from Amex gold to edge) :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back