Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Paging passengers on the aircraft before departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but can anyone explain why (on almost every flight) Virgin cabin crew will page a passenger or 2 and ask them to press their call bell.

I must say I find it a bit perplexing, and a little concerning, that they don't know who has boarded, or where they are sitting!

jaspon

i think they are pax who have checked in but have not yet boarded, and the staff are double checking if they are on the aircraft, before they offload the pax and start the flight close process.

kalboy

I've never had a flight where someone has responded to the announcement by pressing the call button. FWIW

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
I've never had a flight where someone has responded to the announcement by pressing the call button. FWIW
Agree - and that's why I think jaspon's interpretation sounds reasonable. I think that they are just double-checking to be completely sure that the dopes who can't follow time haven't somehow slipped aboard.

markis10

Veteran Member
Part of the offloading process is to do a page, at the same time ground crew will come on board and visually check the seats.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Thanks folks,

Makes sense. I must say I have never heard a call bell go off in response, so the paged person obviously hasn't snuck on without anyone knowing.

ozbeachbabe

I was on board a QF flight SYD/PER & was one of the first to board the flight but my b/pass must not have scanned correctly as I received a call on my mobile asking my whereabouts to which I replied "I'm onboard sitting in 26K".

Just as well they did check.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Now I think about it I've also never actually seen or heard a call button pressed after one of those announcements. I'd always thought to myself how can they not know who is on the plane. Makes sense it's a procedural thing prior to an offload or some other reason.

I do love learning something new around this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louie-m