oz_mark's 2,000th post??....sadly without a prize!! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

oz_mark's 2,000th post??....sadly without a prize!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Lets try to guess when oz_mark makes his 2,000th post.

There is no prize offered at this stage.

Dates & Times are AEST. All entries close when oz_mark reaches 1,925 posts. He is currently on 1,803 posts.

Closest guess to actual post time will win - regardless of whether the guess is earlier or later than the posting time. Winner will have name engraved in Winner's Podium honour roll.

Good luck to all.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
No more bets please! Good luck to all!

Code:
   JohnK           09/11/06 @  8:30pm (AEST)
   straitman       16/12/06 @ 12:00noon (AEST)
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,733
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
No more bets please! Good luck to all!

Code:
   JohnK           09/11/06 @  8:30pm (AEST)
   straitman       16/12/06 @ 12:00noon (AEST)
JohnK,

16/11/06 was my guess. Was that a Freudian slip :?:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Bill, maybe I know something you don't. :p

Sorry about the mistake! :oops:

Code:
   JohnK           09/11/06 @  8:30pm (AEST)
   straitman       16/11/06 @ 12:00noon (AEST)
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,733
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Bill, maybe I know something you don't. :p

Sorry about the mistake! :oops:

Code:
   JohnK           09/11/06 @  8:30pm (AEST)
   straitman       16/11/06 @ 12:00noon (AEST)
All is forgiven :!:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Congratulations on 2,000 posts oz_mark!

The winner of the guessing competition is straitman with the closest guess of 2 days after the 2,000th post!
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,522
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Congratulations on 2,000 posts oz_mark!

The winner of the guessing competition is straitman with the closest guess of 2 days after the 2,000th post!
Thanks JohnK, although I had thought I had snuck past 2,000 without anyone noticing.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
oz_mark said:
Thanks JohnK, although I had thought I had snuck past 2,000 without anyone noticing.
Almost! I am only just starting to catch up after spending 4 days half way to Antarctica.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,522
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Almost! I am only just starting to catch up after spending 4 days half way to Antarctica.
I had noticed that you were more quiet than normal.

I understand that there were Antarctic conditions around Victoria today!
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
oz_mark said:
I understand that there were Antarctic conditions around Victoria today!
Try Antarctic conditions the last few days a few hundred miles closer to Antarctica!
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Speaking of Antarctica, there are some icebergs drifting past the lower South Island east coast right now - first ones in over 60 years. Wonder if they'll be close enough to see on my flight on Saturday? Probably not especially as they are melting fast - were several kilometers long and 100m high a week ago and now only 500m long and 50m high.
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,084
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
OT: SWP Weather this weekend!

Kiwi Flyer said:
Speaking of Antarctica, there are some icebergs drifting past the lower South Island east coast right now - first ones in over 60 years. Wonder if they'll be close enough to see on my flight on Saturday? Probably not especially as they are melting fast - were several kilometers long and 100m high a week ago and now only 500m long and 50m high.
Given that by Saturday, the Weather patterns that caused the Coldest Melbourne November day for 53 years would have moved on to TLOTLWC; I'm not sure much surface at all will be visibile from the air.

MetService.com:
Saturday:

North Island, rain, with possible heavy falls, easing to showers in the west, and briefly spreading to the east coast.South Island, heavy rain easing in the northeast, showers for most other places.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,276
Messages
2,077,825
Members
53,677
Latest member
Warren Woolfe
Top