OW Lounge in Milan/Munich? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

OW Lounge in Milan/Munich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
Hi, In June I will be visiting Genoa, and my itinerary takes me via Milan on the way there and Munich on the way back, both airports I have not been to before. I would be interested to know what the lounge situation is in these airports. I am QF WP.

Milan - flying in LH in J, departing on Air Alps Aviation metal with a Alitalia flt no. in Y (both Terminal 1). Only have 1.5 hours or so.

Munich - flying in and out LH In J (both Terminal 2). Only have 1 hour.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :) .
 

spiggy_topes

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
160
I was in the Milan OW lounge a couple of weeks ago. Quiet and uncrowded and much nicer than LHR , but that might have been the time of day (3-5 pm). The usual open bar, UK papers, filled rolls etc. No internet PCs though (or at least I couldn't find one).
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
spiggy_topes said:
I was in the Milan OW lounge a couple of weeks ago. Quiet and uncrowded and much nicer than LHR , but that might have been the time of day (3-5 pm). The usual open bar, UK papers, filled rolls etc. No internet PCs though (or at least I couldn't find one).
Thanks for the info. I will be there between 9 and 10.30 am, so it will hopefully be reasonably quiet then as well. I know I shouldn't consider the open bar at that time of day, but as I will have been travelling for about 24 hours or so by then, my body clock will be in its usual confused state and I probably will ;) .
 

spiggy_topes

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
160
Optics said:
I know I shouldn't consider the open bar at that time of day, but as I will have been travelling for about 24 hours or so by then, my body clock will be in its usual confused state and I probably will ;) .
And why not. If I've come off an overnight flight with little sleep and the kindly Qantas lady offers me some champagne on an 8.00 am flight back to Brisbane it seems like a great idea - and makes the trip go faster.

Years ago a well travelled friend told me of the two options for long-haul flights:

1/ Drink water and fluids, eat lightly, try and sleep, arrive feeling terrible
2/ Drink everything alcoholic on offer, fall unconcious, arrive feeling terrible

The result is the same in both cases, but the second option is undoubtedly more fun.
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
spiggy_topes said:
And why not. If I've come off an overnight flight with little sleep and the kindly Qantas lady offers me some champagne on an 8.00 am flight back to Brisbane it seems like a great idea - and makes the trip go faster.

Years ago a well travelled friend told me of the two options for long-haul flights:

1/ Drink water and fluids, eat lightly, try and sleep, arrive feeling terrible
2/ Drink everything alcoholic on offer, fall unconcious, arrive feeling terrible

The result is the same in both cases, but the second option is undoubtedly more fun.
I'm definitely an option number 2 man myself. I've even got an afternoon and evening to myself before I start working in Genoa, so don't need to be fully fit when I land :D .
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,168
Booze in the lounge....
Lots of water, and just try to sleep.
Regardless of intake of alcohol it seem to tbe the sleep that helps for me most of the time, last trip i never even got jet lagged Aust to Europe, and neither on the way back, keeping busy helps and lots of beer at night to facilitate sleep ;)

E
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,251
Flights
My Map
Milan - flying in LH in J, departing on ... with a Alitalia flt no. in Y ...

Munich - flying in and out LH In J
I don't think you would have ANY access to a "oneworld" lounge.

An LH J lounge, possibly, in Munich ...
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
serfty said:
I don't think you would have ANY access to a "oneworld" lounge.

An LH J lounge, possibly, in Munich ...
I agree. There is no QF lounge to use the WP privileges. In economy I doubt that Alps Aviation provides any lounge access.

In Munich there is of course LH lounge options in both schengen and non-schengen zones. For MUC-MIL will be schengen. For MUC-xxx depends on where xxx is.

BTW Milan has several airports. Which one(s) are you using? MXP, LIN, BGY?
 

spiggy_topes

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
160
Kiwi Flyer said:
BTW Milan has several airports. Which one(s) are you using? MXP, LIN, BGY?
Good point. I went to MXP (Malpensa) on BA. Be aware: it's miles outside Milan and the taxi costs a fortune (80+ euros to the town centre). But there is a perfectly good airport train from one of the central railway stations that only costs 11 euros (and is quicker, and doesn't subject you to Italian pop all the way).

Wikipedia says, alarmingly: "Because of flight delays and inconvenience, Malpensa has been dubbed the worst major airport in Europe by the EU oversight committee governing airports"

Didn't seem that bad. Maybe I was just lucky!
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
spiggy_topes said:
Good point. I went to MXP (Malpensa) on BA. Be aware: it's miles outside Milan and the taxi costs a fortune (80+ euros to the town centre). But there is a perfectly good airport train from one of the central railway stations that only costs 11 euros (and is quicker, and doesn't subject you to Italian pop all the way).

Wikipedia says, alarmingly: "Because of flight delays and inconvenience, Malpensa has been dubbed the worst major airport in Europe by the EU oversight committee governing airports"

Didn't seem that bad. Maybe I was just lucky!
Well I hope I am as well, cause it is MXP I am flying through. But I am only transitting, so no worry about taxi costs.

Thanks for all the info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,192
Messages
1,871,442
Members
49,022
Latest member
Bogdanov Family
Top