Outbound in classic award and inbound in revenue seat

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Quickstatus, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    If I have an outbound classic reward seat, will Qantas sell me an inbound revenue seat at the return sector price rather than the more expensive one way sector price.

Eg: SYD-LAX classic J award. Can I buy LAX-SYD at the $3500-4000 price rather than the $8500-10000 price? i would think I would have to ring up for this one

2. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    There was a thread about this last week somewhere

3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Established Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    and the answer was 'no, they won't.'

4. Quickstatus

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    In the online booking I've been able to do a classic reward one leg and pay for return. Admittedly it's booked as a return on the one PNR.

5. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    For routes where the return is significantly cheaper than two one ways, the system does not recognize the classic as an eligible fare, so it sells a classic and a one way on the one PNR.

6. Quickstatus

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    Sorry if the classic is not recognised as an eligible fare how can it be combined with another fare?

7. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Combing two fares on one PNR is not an issue and never has been for most GDS's, its also never been an issue when you are chasing a return and have different fare buckets such as flexi vs red e deal, different story for awards on some segments.