Only 10 Status Credits from Gold Status | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Only 10 Status Credits from Gold Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkerp

I am a month away from a Status review, and 10 status credits required for Gold Status.

Based in Melbourne, is there any other way of obtaining Gold Status other than taking an unwanted flight to Launceston or Devonport in September ?!

Apologies if this is a silly question - I am expecting a few silly answers....

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Longer answer - MEL-ADL-MEL seems about the cheapest and can easily be had in the next few weeks for $232.

That's 2000 ff points, 20SC's and Complimentary QP access for next 13 months or so ...

littl_flier

Unwanted flights, no. But it would be possible to have lunch in Adelaide or Sydney one day.

Unfortunately, to get SC's, you'll have to fly somewhere. If Gold means a lot to you, where the extra 0.25 points will be handy and you don't already have QP, then its probably worth the cheapest flight you can get.

Good luck!

Cheers,
littl_flier

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Longer answer - MEL-ADL-MEL seems about the cheapest and can easily be had in the next few weeks for $232.
If you really want to minimise the spend, then the other option is to fly MEL-LST/HBA/NTL on QF and return on a cheaper fare on JQ/DJ. Similarly MEL-SYD/ADL/CBR on QF and return on DJ - who often have significantly cheaper fares lurking in their booking engine for midweek travel on these main routes.

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
or if only 10 SCs short, then do the outbound on the last day of your membership year, and the return on the first day of your next year so you have 10 SCs in the bank for next renewal. Of course that means staying overnight :rolleyes: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenscap