One World Lounges in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy220

Newbie
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
7
Points
0
Hi
Could anyone tell me what oneworld lounges are in Dubai .Have QF Club membership.I am flying on BA & CX (Cathay Pacific) .
Ta
Jordan

PS also does anyone have information on OW lounges in Vancouver , Tokyo Narita & Hong Kong.:D
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,456
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
jordy220 said:
Hi
Could anyone tell me what oneworld lounges are in Dubai .Have QF Club membership.I am flying on BA & CX (Cathay Pacific) .
Ta
Jordan

PS also does anyone have information on OW lounges in Vancouver , Tokyo Narita & Hong Kong.:D
Qantas Club membership does not get you access to OneWorld lounges. Qantas Club membership only provides access to QF, BA and AA lounges when flying with those specific airlines. So you can use the BA lounge at Dubia when departing with BA. You will not have any lounge access through your Qantas Club membership when departing on a CX flight.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
jordy220 said:
PS also does anyone have information on OW lounges in Vancouver , Tokyo Narita & Hong Kong.:D

The oneworld website has a function to list all lounges here

S
 

TravelCheap

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
18
Points
0
NM said:
Qantas Club membership does not get you access to OneWorld lounges. Qantas Club membership only provides access to QF, BA and AA lounges when flying with those specific airlines. So you can use the BA lounge at Dubia when departing with BA. You will not have any lounge access through your Qantas Club membership when departing on a CX flight.
Kinda like something I've always wondered about. If (using the above example) you arrive in Dubai (say from London) on BA, and then travel on to (say) Hong Kong flying Cathay. Can you use the BA lounge (with your QC) before boarding (in a few hours, say) the Cathay flight?? I'm guessing the answer is no, but why not? I paid for a Qantas Club (QC) memebership so I could enjoy the benefits. I've just flown in on a BA (in this example) flight so why not? Does the QC experience terminate once the plane has docked with the air-bridge?
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
Interesting question there TravelCheap - I am travelling F (currently Aa Plat and QF SG and QF QP [suspended due to QF SG status])up to HKG on CX and the whY (oh god I cant think about this) and am wondering what my lounge access will be at CX - F lounge or J lounge?

Edited to note that I am technically not a paid QP member as that has been suspended whilst I am QF SG
 
Last edited:
Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
Points
0
Yes, you only get to use the lounges before a flight not after.
But you can always try your luck you never know, i managed to get access at the QF lounge comming off a QF flight and onto a CX one.

Don't forgot when you make QFF gold or equivelent in other programs you get Oneworld Sapphire which then allows you to get access to all OW business lounges.

Evan
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,634
Solutions
12
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
FWIW, simong is a 'double' Sapphire at the moment, with both QF (SG) and AA (Plat).
 
Last edited:

Alan in CBR

Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
308
Points
0
serfty said:
Actually, not all, but most. e.g. Unless you are flying J/F on BA, a sapphire/emerald does not get lounge access at CDG.
But the lounge at CDG is actually an Air France lounge isn't it? BA has an arrangement with AF for their premium pax to use it, but I don't think technically it is a oneworld lounge.

Usual disclaimer: I may, of course, be wrong. ;)
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,634
Solutions
12
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Alan in CBR said:
... Usual disclaimer: I may, of course, be wrong. ;)
Nup, you are not wrong; I was making the mistake of equating "associated" with "oneworld". :oops:
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,458
Points
720
TravelCheap said:
Kinda like something I've always wondered about. If (using the above example) you arrive in Dubai (say from London) on BA, and then travel on to (say) Hong Kong flying Cathay. Can you use the BA lounge (with your QC) before boarding (in a few hours, say) the Cathay flight?? I'm guessing the answer is no, but why not? I paid for a Qantas Club (QC) memebership so I could enjoy the benefits. I've just flown in on a BA (in this example) flight so why not? Does the QC experience terminate once the plane has docked with the air-bridge?

Primarily because 1) it's not a Qantas Club (and you are a Qantas Club member), and 2) your flight is on Cathay Pacific, hence you cannot take advantage of Qantas' partner lounge agreements with AA and BA, which state you must be flying with the airline whose lounge you wish to use.

It may not seem logical or fair to some, but if I was forking out a lot of hard-earned on a QC membership I'd make myself very familiar with the benefits before doing so. ;)
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
Points
0
serfty said:
FWIW, simong is a 'double' Sapphire at the moment, with both QF (SG) and AA (Plat).
And being a Sapphire (twice) will allow him to access ANY OW J lounge when leaving on ANY OW carrier that day.

So QC membership does not come into play, it is irrelevant in this case.

Dave
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
And sadly as I was flying whY on Dragonair (KA) I got to sit on the floor of the terminal using my my free wireless without any lounge access... another reason to consider gett WP as well as AA EXP - I could then have accessed the QP?
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
simongr said:
And sadly as I was flying whY on Dragonair (KA) I got to sit on the floor of the terminal using my my free wireless without any lounge access... another reason to consider gett WP as well as AA EXP - I could then have accessed the QP?

As long as it is open at the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,550
Messages
2,151,441
Members
54,545
Latest member
Youwhat
Top