On Departure Upgrades in F Lounge

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chucksta, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    When i was in the QF First lounge in Singapore, I saw a business class passenger with a WP card asking if he could upgrade to F. The lady at the desk was looking in her computer and replied, F class is full.

When i boarded the flight, F class was indeed full.

Is it actually possible/allowed to request on departure upgrades on international sectors??? Or is this a F lounge privelege?

thanks

Chucksta

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Even though the website says....
    As far as i know really there is no difference T-25hours to T-1hour, except all other allocations are process at T-24hours, if there is available seats in the required class and ask then you can receive within reason, at an hour or 2 out i am sure they can arrange an extra F meal.

E

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think he(she?) was subtling asking for an op-up, whereby the staffer shrugged it off with a "no seats available" remark.

4. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Now that you mention it, probably was the case, forgot that happens from J to F, its usually me asking from Y to J but also happy to pay the points if i do get it anyway but given i usually fly busy routes usually no hope.

E

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    He might have been waitlisted for an upgrade and was asking if it has been successful. There is no ODU option available for international flights and its not a FLounge benefit.