No show for first leg of *ONE* | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

No show for first leg of *ONE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,436
Does anyone know what happens if you no show for the first leg of a L/D/AONE* ?

Do subsequent sectors cancel, or is it ok?
 

ColinP

Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
459
afaik --If you no show (without notice) for ANY segment of a *one* all subsequent segments are cancelled.
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Flights
My Map
odoherty said:
Does anyone know what happens if you no show for the first leg of a L/D/AONE* ?

Do subsequent sectors cancel, or is it ok?
Before first flight, route chages are free (well they were on my DONE4).

So make your fist sector a sector you _actually_ want to use
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,436
The reason I ask is because I am thinking of buying a DONE4 starting in Colombo, with first leg to HKG.

But... I would actually like to start the ticket in HKG - thus forfeiting the first leg
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
odoherty said:
The reason I ask is because I am thinking of buying a DONE4 starting in Colombo, with first leg to HKG.

But... I would actually like to start the ticket in HKG - thus forfeiting the first leg
Sorry, can't do that. All coupons must be used in the order issued. You can make changes, but must fly all the sectors in the order booked or it needs to be re-issued and a re-issue will force a fare re-calculation.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
odoherty said:
The reason I ask is because I am thinking of buying a DONE4 starting in Colombo, with first leg to HKG.

But... I would actually like to start the ticket in HKG - thus forfeiting the first leg
Not advisable. Negates the reason for buying ex-CMB in the first place, not to mention a lot of hassle somewhere (most like HKG) while they sort out your ticket - hope you have a few hours to spare!
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,436
Kiwi Flyer said:
Not advisable. Negates the reason for buying ex-CMB in the first place, not to mention a lot of hassle somewhere (most like HKG) while they sort out your ticket - hope you have a few hours to spare!
Doesn't/wouldn't negate the reason - paying CMB prices instead of HKG

Oh well, I'll find another way around it.

The main reason I'm thinking about it is because I need to buy HKG-BJS return, and the full Y (which is the only economy available) is very expensive.

I've looked at the Oneworld Visit Asia pass but that still works out to around $800 including taxes.

Thinking about including these legs in a *ONE* instead...
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
odoherty said:
Doesn't/wouldn't negate the reason - paying CMB prices instead of HKG
On the contrary, what do you think the reprice will be to?
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,105
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I flew MEL-SYD-SIN-CMB for 50K points +++ to collect my tickets.

odoherty said:
I need to buy HKG-BJS return, and the full Y (which is the only economy available) is very expensive.
Using the ITA Software: Login I can see HKG-BJS return from around HKD5300 (AUD950).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,315
Messages
2,081,439
Members
53,725
Latest member
patrickmcgarry1962
Top