Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

No entertainment A332 AKL-SYD today

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
Hi,

Received this message from QF this morning for an award flight in J

upload_2018-9-21_8-53-22.png

Has anyone else received this?

No compensation offered, thoughts?

cheers

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
I had no IFE across the ditch earlier this year. I asked for points and received 5000 which although not huge was fine by me as it was a short flight.
Ok thanks for that. It is a trip for SWMBO’s birthday which is why it’s J so a bit disappointing. Was streaming not working either?

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Hi,

Received this message from QF this morning for an award flight in J

View attachment 136616

No compensation offered, thoughts?

cheers
I would be reply that you are seeking compensation for the lack of IFE.
It wouldn’t bother me that much as it’s a relatively short flight but I would certainly still ask for some points in return.

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
I would be reply that you are seeking compensation for the lack of IFE.
It wouldn’t bother me that much as it’s a relatively short flight but I would certainly still ask for some points in return.
Yes will do thank you

Justinf

Established Member
Asking for compo won't do any harm.
But at least they gave you the heads up so you could load a movie etc to a device.

BrockF

Have twice previously received 5000 points for no IFE Syd to Auckland within the past 12 months. Once had to ask a few times and once was proactively offered by the CSM onboard.

Ewing

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I've had it before, but it turned out it was just affecting Y.

J still had IFE but it was a very limited selection. Apparently the J seats themselves have a small cache of popular content that can be watched if the main system is down.

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red

J still had IFE but it was a very limited selection. Apparently the J seats themselves have a small cache of popular content that can be watched if the main system is down.
thanks for that, hope there is something, otherwise their bar bill might increase!

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Hope you get some points as compo. If it makes you feel better I once flew SQ SYD-LHR with no IFE.

eric2011

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I once had no IFE between BNE & AKL on an emirates A380 in J. It was only affecting me and I could have sat in any of the 20 or so spare seats. Didn't worry me at all however jokingly said to CSM that a comp to F on the return would suffice.

Yep, sure enough, F was very nice compensation. Both myself and Mrs eric2011

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Mattg

Flights
My Map

Was this on an A330?

eric2011

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Did that happen at the gate?
Yes, it was a while ago but was pulled out of the line by one of the gate agents and was told that there was a note on my booking that we were to be upgraded. When I spoke to the CSM on the original flight he went away and was pounding away on his iPad or whatever they use, so can only assume he was putting some sort of request or note towards our PNR

Flyin_Penquin

Had similar on a BNE-AKD on QF in J and we were all given a bottle of champagne as comp. Also on a SIN-LHR in Y (as with family) and my IFE wasn’t working and was given $ as comp (that flight was during the night and managed to sleep most of it thankfully). Be great to hear other comps people have received.

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
Had similar on a BNE-AKD on QF in J and we were all given a bottle of champagne as comp. Also on a SIN-LHR in Y (as with family) and my IFE wasn’t working and was given $ as comp (that flight was during the night and managed to sleep most of it thankfully). Be great to hear other comps people have received.
In the end there was no entertainment although there were some menus active, but no content. I’ll contact QF for compo and Update after.

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
In the end there was no entertainment although there were some menus active, there was no content. I’ll contact QF for compo and Update after.

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I once had no IFE between BNE & AKL on an emirates A380 in J. It was only affecting me and I could have sat in any of the 20 or so spare seats. Didn't worry me at all however jokingly said to CSM that a comp to F on the return would suffice.
Yep, sure enough, F was very nice compensation. Both myself and Mrs eric2011
As they say, ask nicely and the worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slav_54