No CC Fees on 5 CC's for this year | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

No CC Fees on 5 CC's for this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
43
It really feels good to be paying NO credit card fees for 5 CC this year and also getting all the bonus QFF points.

Competition is really good within the CC market and the power of 'threat to cancel' the CC really works.

1. I had the Qantas ANZ Gold visa card with 2 additional cards for the last 5 years and all these years I managed to call them and only pay $120 for the whole lot (note the additional card holders also earned QFF points) and not the $280 as per the current fees. This year I really didnt need this card as I got the no fees for life Citibank gold card, so I called up ANZ and asked them to cancel my cards, first they offered me the lot again for $120 but I was not ready to pay anything and in the end they waived all the fees and gave it for free.

2.On my complementary ANZ Dinners card which was offered to me a 3 years back, I have never paid any fees and just by calling them up they waive off the fees. This time around that was not enough for me so I asked them for some more motivation to use their card and they readily obliged by double points for 3 months.

3. Got the Amex rewards maximiser for first year free

4. Got the Amex Qantas for first year free and 17500 bonus points

5.Got the Citibank Gold 'no fees for life'

calling up the CSA has always worked for me, I never pay a cent in interest so was astonished as why would they want to retain my business when they dont earn any interest or fees from me and in return give me QFF points.

Anyways why should I be complaining?
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,105
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Andy said:
... I never pay a cent in interest so was astonished as why would they want to retain my business when they dont earn any interest or fees from me and in return give me QFF points. ...
One word: Commission from the retailer! (Actually that's 4 words :p )
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Are all those cards linked to the same MR program or do they flick points straight to QF?
 

Andy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
43
simongr said:
Are all those cards linked to the same MR program or do they flick points straight to QF?
ANZ Visa, ANZ Dinners, AMEX Qantas goes straight to QFF.

AMEX RM - you have to transfer them to QFF

Citibank - you have to transfer them, someone mentioned on the thread before that you have to collect a min of 10,000 points before you can transfer them to Qantas
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
That is a very impressive list of credit cards Andy. I have a nice collection but nowhere near as good as yours.

1. Gold Amex, conditional fee free if yearly spend >$11K ($80/pa Ascent membership)

2. Earth+, fee free for first year

3. Qantas Amex Premium Card, fee free for first year + 20,000 FF points

4. Commonwealth Bank Mastercard, fee free, no rewards program

5. Commonwealth Bank Visa, fee free, no rewards program

6. Citibank Redicredit, fee free, no rewards program but good for cash withdrawals anywhere

7. GE Credit Line, $2.95 per month, don't ask, about to be cut into small pieces
 

one9

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
607
JohnK said:
That is a very impressive list of credit cards Andy. I have a nice collection but nowhere near as good as yours.

1. Gold Amex, conditional fee free if yearly spend >$11K ($80/pa Ascent membership)

2. Earth+, fee free for first year

3. Qantas Amex Premium Card, fee free for first year + 20,000 FF points

4. Commonwealth Bank Mastercard, fee free, no rewards program

5. Commonwealth Bank Visa, fee free, no rewards program

6. Citibank Redicredit, fee free, no rewards program but good for cash withdrawals anywhere

7. GE Credit Line, $2.95 per month, don't ask, about to be cut into small pieces

With 5 x Visa/Mastercard, I wonder how you are an exclusive Amex user, and refuse to use Visa/Mastercard when there is surcharge/non acceptance.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
one9 said:
With 5 x Visa/Mastercard, I wonder how you are an exclusive Amex user, and refuse to use Visa/Mastercard when there is surcharge/non acceptance.
Easy as all my purchases go on the Amex card. If not accepted or surcharge then pay by cash.

I only have 2 Mastercards (actually 1 if you do not count the recently acquired Earth+ Mastercard as I was only interested in the Earth+ Amex but they gave me both) and 1 Visa. No purchases on these cards, just balance transfers and cash advances. Therefore I regard myself as an exclusive Amex user.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,311
Messages
2,081,024
Members
53,718
Latest member
GTR33
Top