New Upgrade caculator on qantas.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying1977

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
44
Points
0
I was just on the Qantas website, they have a new Upgrade Calculator so you can work out how many points it is to upgrade.

Good job QF :)
 
AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,435
Solutions
11
Points
3,285
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
flying1977 said:
... Why not?
'cause, while 'Flash' is pretty - it's very heavy on the CPU juice. ... making browsing somewhat inefficient for many of the punters.

Open a few tabbed browser windows with varying Flash elements and you can slow one's 3 or 4 Year Old PC to a crawl. :rolleyes:

There should be a way around this - right click the Flash element and select Quality - Low. Except that Qantas in their Wisdom Have disabled this. :rolleyes:

Of course, these "you beaut" Flash elements are generally developed and tested on SOTA high performance PC's, so the developers have no idea. :-|
 

flying1977

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
44
Points
0
Oh I see.... It's working fine on my computer and I am at home with dial up.

Anyway, it's good to see QF adding applications online for their Frequent Flyers....
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
Points
0
flying1977 said:
Oh I see.... It's working fine on my computer and I am at home with dial up.

Anyway, it's good to see QF adding applications online for their Frequent Flyers....
OMG... flying1977, are you, like, super perky, or what?

Do you ever fly Qantas on a revenue ticket?
 

flying1977

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
44
Points
0
Yes mate, I do. I am originally from the US and know how much harder it is over there to use points. Compared to United, QF offering is so much better.
 

d15.in.oz

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
452
Points
0
flying1977 said:
I am originally from the US and know how much harder it is over there to use points...
:shock: You think Qantas Frequent Flyer has a good comparable "burn" rate*!?!? :rolleyes:

*when compared to America's airlines?
 

SF&

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
152
Points
0
why did take so long in the first place to have this useless tool.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,862
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
serfty said:
'cause, while 'Flash' is pretty - it's very heavy on the CPU juice. ... making browsing somewhat inefficient for many of the punters.

Open a few tabbed browser windows with varying Flash elements and you can slow one's 3 or 4 Year Old PC to a crawl. :rolleyes:

There should be a way around this - right click the Flash element and select Quality - Low. Except that Qantas in their Wisdom Have disabled this. :rolleyes:

Of course, these "you beaut" Flash elements are generally developed and tested on SOTA high performance PC's, so the developers have no idea. :-|

Just wait till Micro$oft starts rolling silverlight out.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top