New Travel Insurance | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ank

Had QBE for QFF points however claim process was terribly long.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
1Cover were great when a family member had a problem. They do annual cover, but am not sure how competitive they are.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Which Insurance company is better for multi travel annually?
That's a bit vague for us to give answers most useful to you.

For instance: USA included / not included? Any serious medical issues to be declared? Mostly business / mostly private? Max length of trip? Most policies will have these, but will differ on the pricing of the options.

I use Covermore for my travel; option to include/exclude USA and covers both my business and private trips; has options IIRC of 30, 60 and maybe 75 day journeys. Pre exisiting conditions need to be declared.

I've made one claim (computer stolen) and it was processed pretty straight-forwardly.

farawaymum

I have used both 1Cover and Travel Insurance Direct over the past few years, for multi travel annual, often with a promo code. Price varies each year and with age, so pays to check ,from memory coverage was similar. Have not claimed with either so cannot comment on claims performance.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Had QBE for QFF points however claim process was terribly long.
I have been with QBE a few years now. Didn't do it for QFF points but because they are much cheaper than other policies.

Slightly concerning their claims process is slow.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Interesting - looking to renew annual policy.

TID with 10% discount $308
Columbus with 20% discount $408 (Basic - Would have been $268, but I had elevated cholesterol "pre existing").
QBE via Qantas $545 (get 1k QFF points)

All are very similar, although QBE and TID have unlimited medical cover (Columbus $12½M) .

Last edited:

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Interesting - looking to renew annual policy.

TID with 10% discount $308

Is that family pricing? I need to renew our annual - family with 10% discount = $377.10

Bare bone policy with no lowering of excess or uplift with additional things like snow sports/hire car/extra cover.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Is that family pricing? I need to renew our annual - family with 10% discount = $377.10

Bare bone policy with no lowering of excess or uplift with additional things like snow sports/hire car/extra cover.
Single - it was not that long ago when an accompanying family member would be included at no additional cost.

Is that for any particular company?
I presume it's QBE as they are listed as an E/B partner. (http://www.entertainmentmedia.com.au/flickbook/melbourne/index.html#/550/)

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Single - it was not that long ago when an accompanying family member would be included at no additional cost.
Cheers.

Not a bad price considering the cover is for four. FWIW I paid $605 last year - no snow sports this year.

drron

Enthusiast
I now do it via-
www.travelinsurance .com.au
basically a comparator site.now offering 25% of with code-HOLLY.
I have switched to QBE as they offer trips of 60 days v 37 for TID.That is if for leisure.Still get the discount with QBE + QFF points.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Have you tried QBE via travelinsurance.com.au or even Entertainment Book?

You still get the QFF points.
i was just looking at ddron links a couple of hours ago.

Still need to work out some things ..

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmashiralee