New QF points calculator | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New QF points calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
Looks pretty good to me. I'm having trouble typing airport codes from my tablet as it defaults back to Arahaus, but that's a minor inconvenience. Credit where it's due, this is better than the old one for sure.

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Only bug (or intended feature) I have noticed is that Qatar and Sri Lankan airlines not listed.
Nice calculator! Finally something positive to say about QF website...now when will they load the S7 flights so I know how many points I will get flying PKC-MOW....;)

power71

Yep loving it. Might need to export the data to a spreadsheet for further analysis :) Loving the current domestic sale fares too for travel in 2015!

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Happy to say, yes, good feature, well done QF web people.

Mind you, it does easily and starkly let you see how QF have massacred earns with its 'partner' airlines :shock: I guess that was part of the intended design.

medhead

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Looks good. One small point is the limited European destinations - FRA and LHR only. What about the EK routes? Does include EK earning as well.

dropbear

so... it seems like they've done qf, jq, ek, aa, cx, ba and mh. i guess they would have a timeline to rollout the rest of the cities and partner airlines. just guessing.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
A good time waster too, eh? Meaning it in a nice way, of course.
Playing around, this means that if we/I book, SYD to AKL with an EK flight code, it earns 671 points than if booking a QF flight code, where its 1000 points across the "ditch".
They (QF) are really starting to keep their $ close to themselves, encouraging us to "fly" with a QF code only, at all cost. And if we dare to stray, we pay, by not only earning less, using Au to NZ as a eg, QF and EK, that you MUST fly with a QF code to earn the most.
Equality (as I know it) has gone out the window.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Dropbear, either that, or we can see, who QF MIGHT be dropping LA off their liaison list. Hopefully not though.
LA is one of my favs, seeing they do fly wide bodies, (planes) and if all goes well, the plane gets from AKL to SYD, and can fly back, no breakdowns/cancellations etc.
But now that EK has come onto play, and I have flown them once, they are another one of my favs.
UNLIKE (Air) NZ who keep taking wide bodied planes off my bookings, and putting me onto narrows (planes).

dropbear

surely they wouldn't dare! people do have choice and makes sense that they reward qf flyers more but should still reward flyers on partner airlines on this bread and butter international route.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Wait and see, if LA appears down the track.
In a way, I can see QF and EK wanting to keep the $ between themselves, even though LA is still in OW, but in the end, if LA does not appear, are QF and EK hoping people forget LA.
I am surprised that they (QF) have not already included LA and other airlines in the "calculator".

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
LA as in the airline, not as in the airport code.
SCL (Santiago) to AKL (Auckland) is only 2900 points earn, flying with a QF flight code, and 35 SC in disc Y.
And LA wont appear.
Ouch!!! Thats a very very small points earn and SC earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmashiralee