New promo coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

snufl

I was talking to Amex a few days ago and the CSR said there would be an opportunity to boost my points, starting September 1st.

Sounds like it will involve the major supermarkets and service stations. I doubt it will be targeted as she said certain products will have a sign offering bonus Amex points.

That's all I know at this stage, maybe the woolies credit card is costing them business.

Would be great if it is as rewarding as the one we had last September!:mrgreen:

Would be great if it is as rewarding as the one we had last September!:mrgreen:

That would be wonderful, but I don't think we are going to get that lucky again ! Still hopefully there will be a good opportunity to boost the balance.

That would be wonderful, but I don't think we are going to get that lucky again ! Still hopefully there will be a good opportunity to boost the balance.

That would be wonderful ;)

But err....no...

Still it all helps.

This might be Coles looking to strike back a bit at Woolies.

A new Promo would be good as the KF one runs out in October.;)

She said it involved several supermarkets, from memory she mentioned Coles, IGA, Woolworths and Franklins. Also I know bonuses somehow relate to certain products because she said "might be a chocolate bar".

Hmmmm, 1K per chocolate bar, I could live with that ;) :mrgreen:

Sorry I didn't ask more questions but I was phoning about my account, nothing to do with rewards, so it came out of the blue.

might just wait til sept before i apply for an amex card then. cancelled mine abiut 4 years ago, so will see if they come up with an offer good enough to entice me into their clutches
Posted via Mobile Device

might just wait til sept before i apply for an amex card then. cancelled mine abiut 4 years ago, so will see if they come up with an offer good enough to entice me into their clutches
Posted via Mobile Device

For this type of promo you need to have the card....and often it is only for the Amex Maximiser. (IMO & experience the Maximiser gets more promos than any other card ).

Recently Amex seemed to have tightented up their promos and so you might well have to be invited and/or havea current card to enrole.

Sign-on bonii Promos are a different beast....and can pop-up anytime.

However the days on 20K plus sign-ons (with free for the first year) seems to have vanished for the time being...with only small 5K-ish bonii and often witha yearly fee.

She said it involved several supermarkets, from memory she mentioned Coles, IGA, Woolworths and Franklins..
Unusual that it has "competitors" participating together.

Maybe it is more that particular brand (or brands) will give away MR points (as commonly happens in the USA) rather than the supermarkets themselves???

If so this could be the start of a welcome trend.

Last edited:
For this type of promo you need to have the card....and often it is only for the Amex Maximiser. (IMO & experience the Maximiser gets more promos than any other card ).

Recently Amex seemed to have tightented up their promos and so you might well have to be invited and/or havea current card to enrole.

Sign-on bonii Promos are a different beast....and can pop-up anytime.

However the days on 20K plus sign-ons (with free for the first year) seems to have vanished for the time being...with only small 5K-ish bonii and often witha yearly fee.

I was sent an invite recently (during May) to sign up for their platinum card, offering 50,000 points after spending only $1,000 in the first month. The annual fee still applied of $900 or so dollars. I guess I should have got the card purely for the bonus points then shut down the account... ahhh hindsight is a wonderful thing...

*spreadsheets, calculators and clipboards ready and all set to go...*

:p

I'm intrigued as to how this would work. How would Amex know you've bought a particular chocolate bar?

many ways...but two could be:

Option A/ They do a deal with particular stores (obviously the larger ones) to auatomatically log the the "chocolate bar" (or other products) who have the technology to faciltate it.

ir Fly Buys allows bonuses for individual products.

Option B/ There is some form of claim made to Amex or the Chocolate Bar supplier. This is commonly done in the USA. This can be done witha token or form on the product wrapper.

ie The Pudding Guy...where a form per product item had to be completed and lodged.

Even if such a card eventuates, it is unlikely to be participating in an Amex promotion (if the promotion eventuates!)

Indeed..as noted earlier most of these promos are for Amex issued cards onlyand is areason why I keep my Maximiser Card.

So we are trusting the oh so reliable CSR's to be telling the correct information again are we ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There will ALWAYS be promotions of some sort, but it all depends how good they are.

I haven't spent a cent on my standard Amex cards since I received the KF Westpac Amex card. :mrgreen:

So we are trusting the oh so reliable CSR's to be telling the correct information again are we ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The OP qualified her comments and so your post is uncalled for.

Personally I am thankful for her "heads up" irrespective how valuable or not the promo turns out to be.

this is the beauty of this site, the wonderous ability to perpetuate endless speculation on extra ways to max. Our points earning ability :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back