New Coles Mastercard - Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagelixin

I've received an email from GE requesting feedback on a new Coles Mastercard.

In summary the survey covered:

- What cards you currently have, spending patterns, limits, age, income (the usuals)
- Scenarios on what the Coles Mastercard would offer, including monthly ($5.95) or yearly fees ($30 to $110)
- Feedback on having your Flybuys card linked to the Coles Mastercard
- Earning Flybuys points on non Coles group stores
- You could even select your preferred design of the card (from 6 options)

Needless to say we should see this card coming out later this year.

It is about time Coles responded so I am happy that surveys are being done.

Coles are so far behind on this. Just doing surveys now? They should be shot (and if I recall I guess they were with takeover by Bunnings.)

Woolies EDRC are going to be hard to beat. It will take more that just "the same" offer. Having another card that is linked to fuel offers, shopping centres and a rewards scheme probably isn't going to give them the traction they need.

For Coles to be successful in this they also have to attract the existing EDRC holders. When Woolies launched their card they were drawing from the masses whom didn't have other option. Woolies hopefully for them also have their QFF relationship nice and strong.

Were there any hints in the survey on significant new features?

Monthly fee is interesting
More services?
More leverage?
Auto bill paying my life?
Car servicing program perhaps via Kmart Auto?

I'm flat on ideas trying to think how it will make a difference to my world.

Alby

Not sure if reported elsewhere but Source card is now 1 point per $1 in Coles

The card is slated to earn Fly Buy points. What you can do with Fly Buy points is a separate matter.

Still surprised no mention. Would make FlyBuys a hell of alot more attractive!

Actually Velocity have their hot new Amex offering so you might want to look at that one!

Interesting,I have 3 GE cards and use the Source card the most ,if they were to start charging fees either monthly or yearly I
would certainly want to see some option of linking the card to a FF program ,I know I can get QF points by using my Flybuys card
but the earn rates are abysmal,if they were to offer a new fee based card and link it to VA with comparitive earn rates to the Woolworths
EDR card then I would probably have no issue with paying a fee.
I wonder if I will get the survey.
Cheers
N'oz

I'm not sure what information has gone out to Source Cardholders, but look out for some very exciting developments coming very soon.

But isn't Flybuys by far the worst rewards program in Australia? Who would want to earn points in that?

I'm not sure what information has gone out to Source Cardholders, but look out for some very exciting developments coming very soon.

Seen nothing apart from a new way of handling the extra 4cpl off petrol (May I think was the last date I saw)

Here's a free idea for Coles and VA, forget about FlyBy's completely - just allow people to earn VA points + Status Credits, this would cut all of QF/Woolworths EDR grass all at once...

Here's a free idea for Coles and VA, forget about FlyBy's completely - just allow people to earn VA points + Status Credits, this would cut all of QF/Woolworths EDR grass all at once...

Points yes, Status Credits no.. i think that would be a bad move for VA.

GE never bothered sending me a replacement MC when my old one expired. I haven't bothered chasing it up... They really have lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back