New bank loyalty programs

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Admin, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

?

New bank loyalty programs

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Admin

Administrator Moderator

Jun 18, 2002
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Rewards

Not actually having heard about sphere I had to go off and read about it.

I am not sure that they are terribly new breed (like they are quite similar to the Citibank, ANZ telstra, etc ) schemes that have been around for a while. However, yes I prefer them (and not just because my Westpac Global Rewards points vanished), for a credit card program. I have had planty of $100 vouchers over the past few years, and they copme with less stress than trying to redeem a reward on Qantas.

(Oh and the ANZ sphere scheme doesn't look that generous)

3. alien

alien Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm with westpac altitude and i'm just redeeming $100 vouchers as soon as I get enough points. Alot easier as stated and less risk of loosing heaps of point again

Ansett FFP victim :(

4. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Agreed - I let my Westpac Altitude points build up and then used them to purchase a BritRail Pass - the ratio is 12,500 points per $100 of value of what you want to purchase.

But as someone who puts about $10,000 a month on his card, this is not hard to get.

Dave